Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 06-20-2011, 10:47 AM   #1
timpearson26
Enthusiast
timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.timpearson26 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: ipad
Bible - New World Translation Epub download

Hello everyone,

I remember seeing some discussions before about people looking for a Bible in Epub format and I just came across this translation. It is the Bible that is produced by the Watchtower Bible and Tract Society (aka Jehovah's Witnesses)

I am a Jehovah's Witness and use this Bible often. It has modern language and is easy to understand.

The download can be found here: http://www.jw.org/index.html?option=QrYQCsVrGlVlYR

I frequent the www.jw.org website often and it has just come to my attention that this is a new feature. I also noticed that on the home page of the site, they will be offering the newest Watchtower and Awake magazines in Epub format (it looks like starting with the September issues).

If people have opinions about Jehovah's Witnesses can you please respectfully keep them to yourselves. I merely wanted to inform anyone who is looking for a free copy of the Bible in modern english that there is one available here.

Thanks.

Tim

PS: I don't own a kindle, (am new to the whole eBook thing) but it looks like when I opened the file in the Calibre reader that the books (ie Genesis, Exodus, etc.) were clickable, and also the subsequent chapters were clickable as well.
timpearson26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2011, 04:41 PM   #2
crich70
Grand Sorcerer
crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.crich70 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, Kindle Paperwhite, Calibre, and Mobipocket for Pc (netbook)
Quote:
If people have opinions about Jehovah's Witnesses can you please respectfully keep them to yourselves. I merely wanted to inform anyone who is looking for a free copy of the Bible in modern english that there is one available here.
I agree with you on that. There's no need to start a rant on who believes what etc. There are other places for that though I can see how such are possible when you combine books and religion. Both are potentially explosive topics though it's easier to see why with religion. I mean as far as religion it's self explanatory as to why the topic (when it comes up) can be explosive, but books in general can be explosive too, though why isn't always so easy to understand. When new ideas, viewpoints etc. come up (as they do through and around books) people often feel obligated to defend what they think no less strenuously than if they were discussing their religious views.
crich70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert