Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 02-14-2011, 04:13 PM   #16
Xanthe
Plan B Is Now In Force
Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Xanthe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Aluratek,Sony 350/T1,Pandigital,eBM 911,Nook HD/HD+,Fire HDX 7/8.9,PW2
DixieGal: I saw that same program, I think. Later in the program they mentioned that the parchment (or maybe it was the ink) predated both DaVinci and that English scoundrel they also speculated about..
Xanthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 05:09 PM   #17
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Colin Wilson wrote a pretty good story, The Return of the Lloigor, tying it (somewhat) into the Cthulhu Mythos.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 05:17 PM   #18
kennyc
The Dank Side of the Moon
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle2; Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremyR View Post
Colin Wilson wrote a pretty good story, The Return of the Lloigor, tying it (somewhat) into the Cthulhu Mythos.

Wha??? Am I confused or did this get posted in the wrong thread?
kennyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:00 PM   #19
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Nicely remembered, had forgotten Colin Wilson...

kennyc... get with the program, we're supposed to be talking about the Voynich Manuscript... it's in the book...

Quote:
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 06:45 PM   #20
kennyc
kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kennyc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Now I'm really confused and my leg is hurting....
Advert
Old 02-14-2011, 06:48 PM   #21
kennyc

Ptttt! We're not talking fiction here. Someone besides me needs to KEEP UP!
Old 02-14-2011, 06:55 PM   #22
elcreative
Wizard
elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.elcreative ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS505, 600, 350, 650, Nexus 7, Note III, iPad 4 etc
Debatable... especially considering the history of this manuscript but it is included in fiction...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyc View Post
elcreative is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:21 PM   #23
RolandD
Fanatic
RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RolandD ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Touch is now my main eReader.
Quote:
I'm pretty sure we are talking about fiction.
RolandD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 08:31 PM   #24
kennyc

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolandD View Post
I'm pretty sure we are talking about fiction.
No we're not. This is a legitimate scientific publication and study.

The contents of the manuscript might be fiction but until it is translated we won't know.
Old 02-14-2011, 11:32 PM   #25
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Didn't Libya's loony Moammar Gadhafi in 1989 claim the Shakespeare was from Arabia and his real name was "Sheikh Speare"?

That might make the manuscript written in some obscure form of Arabic. (Probably Robert E Howard's mythical hyborian Stygia, but that is another story!)
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 03:43 AM   #26
JeremyR
Guru
JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JeremyR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Keyboard, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by sabredog View Post
Didn't Libya's loony Moammar Gadhafi in 1989 claim the Shakespeare was from Arabia and his real name was "Sheikh Speare"?

That might make the manuscript written in some obscure form of Arabic. (Probably Robert E Howard's mythical hyborian Stygia, but that is another story!)
In the Colin Wilson tale, it's actually a copy of the original version of the Necronomicon.
JeremyR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 04:01 AM   #27
sabredog
Geographically Restricted
sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sabredog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-T3, Kindle Voyage, iPad Air2, Nexus7v2
Quote:
In the Colin Wilson tale, it's actually a copy of the original version of the Necronomicon.
Klatu...veratu...knickers..

er

Klatu verata nickle...

never mind
sabredog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 05:49 AM   #28
hols57
hols57
hols57 began at the beginning.

Device: sony 300packed up -thanks,Sony!) Kindle
Very interesting!! Can't wait for the epub version!!!
hols57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 06:10 AM   #29
kennyc

Well it's clear to me that the Lounge is a more serious news section than the News section. I'll refrain from posting news here in the future.

I thought that because this item was about a historical manuscript it would be of interest here, but I guess it just all joking and mixing fact and fiction here.

Which brings up another thought, but I'll explore that one in the lounge.

Last edited by kennyc; 02-15-2011 at 06:41 AM.
Old 02-15-2011, 06:28 AM   #30
boxcorner
»(°±°)«
boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.boxcorner ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: divisive reader
Quote:
Well it's clear to me that the Lounge is a more serious news section than the News section. I'll refrain from posting new here in the future.
Sulking is against forum rules, or it ought to be; just ignore detractors who jest. I found your OP interesting - I hadn't heard of the Voynich manuscript before, so thanks for posting.
boxcorner is offline   Reply With Quote