Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader > Kobo Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 12-26-2012, 01:10 AM   #1
iToast
iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Device: Kobo Mini
Compiling software

How do we compile software for our Kobo's, also has anyone wrote a new os for them yet? Not based on Linux
iToast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2012, 11:09 AM   #2
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Wifi, Kobo Glo
No one's created a new OS for any of the Kobo's. Are you thinking Android?

For compiling, I've used an arm Linux cross compiler on Ubuntu.

Last edited by KevinShort; 12-26-2012 at 02:09 PM.
KevinShort is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-01-2013, 12:00 AM   #3
iToast
iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!iToast , Klaatu Barada Niktu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinShort View Post
No one's created a new OS for any of the Kobo's. Are you thinking Android?

For compiling, I've used an arm Linux cross compiler on Ubuntu.
Could we get a tutorial please :P
Old 01-01-2013, 02:38 PM   #4
KevinShort
Addict
KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinShort ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

To install the compiler:
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
Then you can compile your code with the arm-linux-gnueabi-* tools.
Code:
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc code.c
Old 01-02-2013, 03:10 PM   #5
iToast

Quote:
To install the compiler:
Code:
sudo apt-get install gcc-arm-linux-gnueabi
Then you can compile your code with the arm-linux-gnueabi-* tools.
Code:
arm-linux-gnueabi-gcc code.c
Do you have any tips and tricks for developing on the Kobo? I kind of want to write a terminal emulator to type commands for terminal in on the actual device
Advert
Old 01-02-2013, 04:19 PM   #6
KevinShort
Addict

I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to have a terminal emulator on my Glo, but I have no idea how one goes about writing a terminal emulator. :P

I don't think I have any tips or tricks, though if you have any specific questions I'll try to help.
Old 01-14-2013, 07:40 PM   #7
iToast

Quote:
I've been thinking for a while now that I'd like to have a terminal emulator on my Glo, but I have no idea how one goes about writing a terminal emulator. :P

I don't think I have any tips or tricks, though if you have any specific questions I'll try to help.
Port a telenet client and add a virtual keyboard