Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Flea Market

Notices

Old 08-31-2008, 02:29 PM   #1
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

Device: STAReBOOK, iRex Iliad, Sony 505, Kindle 2
Looking for HTC Touch Pro

Hi,

I want a HTC Touch Pro as my new phone. The device is not available in Germany at the moment, however, I'd like to get one now rather than later and know that some European countries already have them in stock.

I'd like to use this as a proof-of-concept and (of course) as a way of getting the new phone a few weeks ahead of time.

So, here's the deal:

I'm looking for a new or good-as-new HTC Touch Pro, Keyboard should be QWERTZ (if possible) but QWERTY would also be acceptable. A Device from the EU would be best, because shipping would be faster and I would not have to worry about Import-VAT and Tolls (that add at least 20% to the price...).

If anybody is interested, just post your offer here. The Transaction can be done via this marketplace or via ebay.
Payment by PayPal would be my favourite.

Thanks.

EDIT: I would prefer a device without branding, but O2 branding would be acceptable.
CommanderROR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2008, 09:13 PM   #2
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: iPad, MotoXStyle, OnePlusOne
Have you considered ordering it from a store like

Expansys (http://www.expansys.de/) which has it for 650 Euros or

Devicewire (http://www.devicewire.co.uk/) Which is priced in pounds, but does ship to Germany.

I'm doubtful that you'r going to see a second hand version of it anytime soon as it only went on sail a couple of weeks ago.
bbusybookworm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 02:33 AM   #3
CommanderROR
eink fanatic
CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.CommanderROR is fluent in JavaScript as well as Klingon.

I'll give that a try too.
I don't know many foreign e-tailers, so it's a bit tricky. For Germany and some European countries I can do a online price comparison, but England is mostly not included there...
Old 09-01-2008, 02:43 AM   #4
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie
bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'bbusybookworm knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Well expansys is pretty well known, and they have a german site, so should be easy to compare. keep in mind the german price I saw was pretty good, as UK prices as usually a little bit higher.
Old 09-01-2008, 03:17 AM   #5
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Well, the German price is OK, 650 is actually the absolute upper limit, expansys.de is not exactly a cheap shop...but it's a valid option...thanks.

If anyone has a better solution, please post, otherwise I might just go for that one...^^

I just did a quick calculation...the UK one is actually 10€ cheaper, but of course that small difference is not really worth the additional hassle of ordering from england.

It's a pity Switzerland is not in the EU, I could get it for 600€ there...

I just realized something...the QWERTY keyboard could be a bit of a problem, because it would not contain the german letters ÄÖÜ which would be very awkward, so I think I had better wait for a QWERTZ version after all...silly me...
Again, Switzerland would be a good source, they should have the same keyboard layout as we do, but since they are outside the EU it's just too pricey...
Well, waiting is healthy...^^
Advert
Old 09-01-2008, 04:21 AM   #6
bbusybookworm
Tech Junkie

True, Expansys as a whole is usually one of the more expansive Web only shops. Still cheaper then High Street prices usually, and a better selection. Also, my experience with them in the UK has usually been quiet good, quiet responsive.

As for the Uk one being cheaper, that's a bit of a nice surprise for a change :-).
I personally usually try to pick up stuff like this in Dubai, Singapore, etc, when I can, as prices there are usually quiet better, and you can usually get a international warrenty.

As for the keyboard, did you check whether the one on the German site is QWERTY or QWERTZ? They are usually good about answering questions like that. They may also know when it will be coming out if it is not already available.
Old 09-01-2008, 04:30 AM   #7
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

The one they have in stock is QWERTY, the QWERTZ one is listed, but more expensive (why???) and availability is not quite clear.
If it weren't for the higher price of the QWERTZ one I would preorder, but I can get a QWERTZ for 620€ if I'm willing to wait, so preordering it for more at Expansys would be...silly...
Old 05-26-2009, 03:00 AM   #8
bismay
bismay began at the beginning.

Device: none
I am planning to sell my HTC Touch Pro (QWERTY keyboard). I bought it on March 8th in India. It has a EU ROM. I have also installed the new ROM update. I have installed various apps as well, which you might find useful. The price I am looking for is around 450 EUR (negotiable) without shipping charges. I have all the accessories and original bill as well. Please do let me know if you are interested.

Best regards
Bismay
bismay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 05:59 AM   #9
vlad_simple
Enthusiast
vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.vlad_simple has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Nokia N810 Internet Tablet
:-)
You think 1,5 years not enough to find and buy HTC Touch PRO?
vlad_simple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:36 AM   #10
Andybaby
Wizard
Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andybaby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-700
lol, the last 2 posts in this thread are hilarious
Andybaby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2009, 06:47 AM   #11
CommanderROR
eink fanatic

Thanks, but I bought one in autumn last year...^^