Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex

Notices

Old 04-19-2009, 12:03 AM   #1
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, eBw 1150
Need unzip utility on iLiad

Hi folks,

I know fbreader can read zipped documents if they are in a format that fbreader supports, but sometimes I forget and put a zipped PDF on my iLiad and don't notice it until later when I want to read it and don't have another system handy to unzip it. Sometimes I don't even realize the file is in PDF format until I try to open it with fbreader and I just get the last page I was reading of whatever book or document I successfully opened in fbreader last.

We have zip compiled for the iLiad. Could we get unzip as well? Thanks!
nekokami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2009, 08:15 AM   #2
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Try this pack. It's unzip and unrar for iLiad.
Attached Files
File Type: zip pack.zip (152.9 KB, 372 views)
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-19-2009, 01:53 PM   #3
nekokami
fruminous edugeek
nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nekokami ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

That works! Thanks!

I'm having a little trouble setting up the registry entries, though. I know I need an <application> entry and an <extensionInfo> entry, and I'm pretty sure I understand how to create the <extensionInfo> one, but I'm not sure about all the parameters for the application one. Any suggestions?
Old 04-20-2009, 08:03 AM   #4
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Quote:
Originally Posted by nekokami View Post
That works! Thanks!

I'm having a little trouble setting up the registry entries, though. I know I need an <application> entry and an <extensionInfo> entry, and I'm pretty sure I understand how to create the <extensionInfo> one, but I'm not sure about all the parameters for the application one. Any suggestions?
It would probably be easiest to call a script that unzips whatever you are working with to the current directory. Try looking for the automatic .lit extractor for an example.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2009, 01:34 PM   #5
nekokami
fruminous edugeek

Ok, I'll try that. I think I'll need to remove the references to title, creator, and cover art, as I won't be able to automatically extract these. The script should end up being a good deal simpler. I'm not sure about creating a manifest entry when I don't know if I'll be getting a single file or a directory out of the script. Actually, I suppose I need to check for file type to make a manifest entry... I don't have to create the manifest entry, though, do I?
Advert
Old 04-20-2009, 03:18 PM   #6
Adam B.
Addicted to Porting
Adam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the roughAdam B. is a jewel in the rough

Device: iRex iLiad, Nokia 770, Samsung i760
Correct, you can make the script *much* simpler. A call to "unzip $filename" should be good enough (after the appropriate cd's). Creating a manifest and cover art shouldn't be necessary.
Adam B. is offline   Reply With Quote