Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 12-23-2008, 01:47 PM   #901
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Can we have the "travel 500 miles" take only "5 minutes, tops", too?
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2008, 02:22 PM   #902
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Uh... Harrier jump jet sales in aisle nine, ma'am.
Steven Lyle Jordan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-23-2008, 04:47 PM   #903
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Jordan View Post
I wish for the perfect and affordable design for a battery that will allow a car to travel 500 miles between recharges (which only take 5 minutes, tops).
Granted. Unfortunately to achieve that it goes so slowly it would be quicker to walk to your destination. Plus the materials and processes used to make one of these use up more fossil fuel and put out more pollution than making and running a normal car for 20 years would.

I wish my neighbours would go in out of the cold and shut up.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 01:19 AM   #904
badgoodDeb
Grand Sorcerer
badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.badgoodDeb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palms, K1-4s, iPads, iPhones, KV, KO1
Quote:
Uh... Harrier jump jet sales in aisle nine, ma'am.
Oooooo -- I'll take two! Gotta have a spare, of course.
badgoodDeb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 11:38 AM   #905
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle, Cybook
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
I wish my neighbours would go in out of the cold and shut up.
Granted. Sadly "out of the cold" means "into your house" and "shut up" means "unable to talk whilst they eat your georgeous baking", afterwhich they start again. Still, when you explained what happens in the lounge they shut up at once, backed nervously out of your house and have been avoiding you and keeping very quiet ever since ....

I wish that I can avoid all news stories for the next few days (and I think my better half wishes I would avoid MR for a bit....)
LazyScot is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2008, 11:50 AM   #906
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer
Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Steven Lyle Jordan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LazyScot View Post
I wish that I can avoid all news stories for the next few days (and I think my better half wishes I would avoid MR for a bit....)
Granted: Your power goes out, and you and the spouse spend the next few days curled up by the fireplace (though as much out of necessity as out of preference...)

I wish I would occasionally get for Xmas something that I actually asked for.
Old 12-24-2008, 11:51 AM   #907
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Quote:
(and I think my better half wishes I would avoid MR for a bit....)
hey !
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2008, 12:15 PM   #908
LazyScot
DSil
LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LazyScot ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Granted: Your power goes out, and you and the spouse spend the next few days curled up by the fireplace (though as much out of necessity as out of preference...)
Warm and dirty. Sounds divine!

Quote:
I wish I would occasionally get for Xmas something that I actually asked for.
Granted. Your doorbell is ringing -- and Penelope Cruz is standing there. (I'm sure there will be some corruption going on, I just can't figure out where.)

I wish I would stop thinking of silliness story ideas.....
Old 12-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #909
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
(and I think my better half wishes I would avoid MR for a bit....)
I have a better idea! Get 'em to join you here, too!
Old 12-24-2008, 12:27 PM   #910
Steven Lyle Jordan
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Granted. Your doorbell is ringing -- and Penelope Cruz is standing there. (I'm sure there will be some corruption going on, I just can't figure out where.)
That'll come when my wife sees who's at the door, and figures out why...

Quote:
Granted: You've thought of one so compelling that you're putting your entire life, work, health and well-being off in order to write it. Don't forget to duck those brickbats while you work!

I wish my Serenity ornament was nice-enough looking that my wife would allow it on our tree. (Have you seen it? Eee-oooogh...)

Last edited by Steven Lyle Jordan; 12-24-2008 at 12:30 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #911
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Granted. You now can't stop thinking of sensibleness story ideas. This drives our other half round the twist and they finally force you back onto MR, at which point whatever passes for normal own your neck of the woods returns.

I really really wish the yeti and I, plus clothes and food, fit in the Micra we have a courtesy car so we can run off to just south of the New Forest for a few days.

(edited to add that I still really wish that despite having just tried and not being able to )

Last edited by ShortNCuddlyAm; 12-24-2008 at 03:40 PM.
Old 12-24-2008, 12:29 PM   #912
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD

Quote:
Still, when you explained what happens in the lounge they shut up at once, backed nervously out of your house and have been avoiding you and keeping very quiet ever since ....
Now that sounds like a plan!
Old 02-23-2009, 10:10 AM   #913
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
Quote:
Originally Posted by ShortNCuddlyAm View Post
Granted. You now can't stop thinking of sensibleness story ideas. This drives our other half round the twist and they finally force you back onto MR, at which point whatever passes for normal own your neck of the woods returns.

I really really wish the yeti and I, plus clothes and food, fit in the Micra we have a courtesy car so we can run off to just south of the New Forest for a few days.

(edited to add that I still really wish that despite having just tried and not being able to )
Granted. and Merry Christmas. Hope you and the Yeti are able to tolerate the media attention of being "The World's Smallest humans."

I wish that this thread would revive, so that i could try to get it off topic again.
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:12 AM   #914
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Quote:
Originally Posted by pshrynk View Post
I wish that this thread would revive, so that i could try to get it off topic again.
Granted, but as soon as you get it off topic it will turn on topic automatically.

I wish I could finally decide on a reader.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2009, 10:29 AM   #915
LazyScot
DSil

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sweetpea View Post
I wish I could finally decide on a reader.
Granted. You decide on Richard E. Grant as the reader of your books. Unfortunately he promptly adopts the personality of the character he played in the film Withnail and I, demands the finest wines known to mankind and refuses to leave.

I wish that pshyrnk's attempts to get this thread off topic all work perfectly.....

Tags
dr. who by llounge llamas, unutterable silliness