Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 07-11-2008, 11:20 PM   #1
coeus
coeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheese

Device: Nook; Motorola Milestone
Newb: PDF on the Reader

Hello everyone,

From the threads I've been reading on here it looks like PDF support on the Reader is bad. I've seen several options suggested on how to view PDF on the Sony Reader (I have a prs505 btw). I was wondering what was the best method?

pdflrt?
Calibre?
PDFCropper?
PDFRead?

Has anyone tried all of these and found one to work best?
coeus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2008, 08:30 PM   #2
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Welcome, coeus. I'm sorry I didn't see your post a few days ago. I haven't compared these and have only tried PDFLRF which I use often with no problems. Also, thank you for the books you converted and uploaded today. I think it's unusual for a new member to upload 3 new books in their first 4 days here. You're an inspiration!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-14-2008, 09:16 PM   #3
coeus
coeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheesecoeus can extract oil from cheese

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Welcome, coeus. I'm sorry I didn't see your post a few days ago. I haven't compared these and have only tried PDFLRF which I use often with no problems. Also, thank you for the books you converted and uploaded today. I think it's unusual for a new member to upload 3 new books in their first 4 days here. You're an inspiration!
LOL, thanks for the compliments. I got a lot of information from this community so I decided to give back . I also just got my Sony Reader today so I decided to play around with the 3rd party software I found (mainly Calibre and BBeB Binder). I've recently discovered BookDesigner, so I'll be checking that out too. I'll probably stick to converting txt,html,pdf to BBeB since it renders best on the PRS-505.
Old 07-15-2008, 07:53 AM   #4
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Also, I would recommend the next time you convert ebooks that you at least strip out the legal stuff by Gutenberg at the beginning and end of the work. Most of the books that people post here have had a table of contents added or illustrations - something that makes them more interesting than the Gutenberg texts which you can get over at ManyBooks.net where the text files have been run through an automated process to make the ebooks. Just a suggestion.
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2008, 04:59 PM   #5
coeus

Thanks. I may have forgotten to do that with the Bertrand Russell book, but the others I posted should be Gutenberg jargon free. They also have a clickable ToC which distinguishes them from the ManyBooks.net files.

Last edited by coeus; 07-15-2008 at 05:05 PM.
Advert
Old 07-15-2008, 05:03 PM   #6
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
I wanted to give you karma, but I got the popup that I've given my limit for the day. So I'm sending mental karma and saying "Thanks!"
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote