Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 10-11-2014, 12:56 AM   #1
Paul Miller
Enthusiast
Paul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo
3rd party software for changing the size of graphics and font?

Greetings. I've been enjoying using the Kobo reading app on my android-based tablet, but I'm frustrated by two things. First, the font does not get large enough for my taste, though this depends somewhat on the book I'm reading. Second, when I change the font size, graphic elements, e.g. pictures, charts, tables, don't get bigger.

So does anyone know of a program I could load onto my table that gives the Kobo app more flexibility in terms of font size and/or size of graphics?

Thanks!
Paul

PS: I posted this question before but probably in not the best forum for the question. I apologize if I've crossed a line.
Paul Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 05:02 PM   #2
Catire
Lord of the Universe
Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-505 / PSP
I am pretty sure that nothing would make he kobo app do what you want it to, maybe manually editing the epub files with different attributes for the fonts and images, but you'd have to remove the drm of the files (if it has any) and learn some html and stuff like that.
Catire is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-21-2014, 06:24 PM   #3
nightboy
Connoisseur
nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.nightboy writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: NST, Boyue T62
Try this:
http://repo.xposed.info/module/de.ro...ds.appsettings
nightboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 09:09 PM   #4
Paul Miller
Enthusiast
Paul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavensPaul Miller is a rising star in the heavens

Device: Kobo
Thanks, Catire and nightboy. I think I'll have to live with it given that getting into modification software seems a little over my head! :-)

Paul
Paul Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2014, 12:26 AM   #5
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Do you have any accessibility options on the settings of your device? You might just need to set a different size to use as default and then the Kobo app will use that as the default, allowing the later sizes to be bigger than what they normally would be.
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert