Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 11-25-2012, 09:14 PM   #496
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney's Mom View Post
Darn. I absolutely love the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 I got from Costco. But I called today, and there wasn't one in any store within 50 miles (and there are a lot!) So I guess my dear husband won't get one (that is okay, he is getting an ipod). He wants a Surface Pro, but after playing with this Tab, I think I will just get another ultrabook.
Did you try Sam's Club?
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 09:16 PM   #497
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
A Lightning Deal for a "Versatile and powerful Android tablet" will start in less than two hours at 7:59pm PT. No clue what it is. Could be good or could be junk.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-25-2012 at 09:18 PM. Reason: typo
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-25-2012, 11:03 PM   #498
mrscoach
Guru
mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrscoach ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy tab
It was a La Pan I TC 970 9.7" tablet. Has anyone heard of it? At $119 I would have passed if it hadn't sold out within 15 seconds. Really? They still show it is in stock for $180, but there is even a newer model!
mrscoach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:11 PM   #499
Iphinome
Paladin of Eris
Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Iphinome ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
It was a La Pan I TC 970 9.7" tablet. Has anyone heard of it? At $119 I would have passed if it hadn't sold out within 15 seconds. Really? They still show it is in stock for $180, but there is even a newer model!
15 seconds my arse, it was gone before I could get the deal to load. But since it wasn't a nexus 7 I'm not bitter.
Iphinome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2012, 11:35 PM   #500
sadievan
Wizard
sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.sadievan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, iPhone, Kindle Fire HD 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by tubemonkey View Post
I rain checked two SGT2 7.0s for possible gifts. I was surprised Costco would rain check a BF deal.
Wow! I didn't think Costco rain checked either.

Carol
sadievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2012, 12:07 AM   #501
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrscoach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iphinome View Post
15 seconds my arse, it was gone before I could get the deal to load. But since it wasn't a nexus 7 I'm not bitter.
That tablet is ancient. The OS is Android 2.2 (Froyo). The display is 132 ppi, which is worse than the 1st gen Kindle Fire (169 ppi). And the RAM is only 512MB.

The specs for the processor are contradictory. They claim Arm Cortex-A8 and OMAP 4. Which is it? The A8 is single core and would be an OMAP 3. Whereas the OMAP 4 uses a dual core A9.

Anyway, I wasn't impressed one bit by this tablet. This is the kind of tablet one buys in a drugstore.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:11 AM   #502
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by sadievan View Post
Wow! I didn't think Costco rain checked either.

Carol
Yeah; I have a month before the rain check expires. Not sure if I'll need both or not. In the meantime, my Nexus 7 is scheduled for delivery on Tuesday.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:42 AM   #503
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Holiday Deals - Tablets & eReaders

Pricing Note: (retail price) -- lowest BF price -- best current price

Tablets

eReaders

Key
  • AMZ= Amazon / B&N= Barnes & Noble / BB= Best Buy / COS= Costco / DEL= Dell / KM= Kmart / OD= Office Depot / OM= OfficeMax / RS= RadioShack / SAM= Samsung / SC= Sam's Club / SEA= Sears / STP= Staples / TAR= Target / TRU= Toys"R"Us / WAL= Walmart

Last edited by tubemonkey; 12-03-2012 at 10:02 PM.
Old 11-26-2012, 12:44 AM   #504
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Amazon posted on their Facebook one hour ago.

Quote:
Is Kindle Fire on your holiday wish list? Tomorrow we’ll have our most affordable tablet at our lowest price of the year! Stay tuned for details.
Then on the Kindle Fire's Facebook page:

Quote:
Is Kindle Fire on your holiday shopping list? Check back tomorrow for a promo code that will let you get our most affordable tablet at our lowest price of the year!
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2012, 12:55 AM   #505
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Amazon posted on their Facebook one hour ago.

Then on the Kindle Fire's Facebook page:
Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm... "our most affordable tablet" sounds like the $159 Kindle Fire 2. Nearly two weeks ago, it was a Lightning Deal for $129. Are they going lower than that?
Old 11-26-2012, 01:08 AM   #506
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up.

Hmmm... "our most affordable tablet" sounds like the $159 Kindle Fire 2. Nearly two weeks ago, it was a Lightning Deal for $129. Are they going lower than that?
It looks like it they did say the lowest it will be this season.

I put it in my cart. if it's low enough. It will be perfect for my Nephew and his family as a Christmas gift.

Last edited by Blossom; 11-26-2012 at 01:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 01:25 AM   #507
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
It looks like it they did say the lowest it will be this season.
$128

edit: after thinking it over, they could price at $129 and it would be at the lowest price of the year.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-26-2012 at 02:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 02:55 AM   #508
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
$128

edit: after thinking it over, they could price at $129 and it would be at the lowest price of the year.
Good call!

At Checkout Enter Promo Code: FIREDEAL (-$30.00)
Final Price: $129.00.

Just a bit more then I can spend. Ah well.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:01 AM   #509
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Cyber Monday Savings

Today only, Kindle Fire is available for only $129 ($30 off)

Before placing your order, be sure to look at the Add Kindle Accessories box for a $10 discount on the PowerFast Charger. If you order it with the Kindle, you'll get the discount. The other items listed don't require a Kindle purchase for that pricing.

Also, don't forget to get the AmazonLocal Offer for a 30% discount on selected accessories.

Quote:
Enter promotional code FIREDEAL at checkout.

Offer valid from 12:01AM PST through 11:59PM PST on 11/26/12, or while supplies last. $30 discount valid on Kindle Fire with Special Offers or Kindle Fire without Special Offers sold and shipped by Amazon. Limit one discount per customer. Offer not valid with 1-Click ordering. If you return items purchased using a promo code, we will subtract the value of the discount from your return credit. Promo codes may not be combined with other offers. Amazon reserves the right to cancel the promotion at any time. Void where prohibited.

Last edited by tubemonkey; 11-26-2012 at 09:16 AM.
Old 11-26-2012, 03:02 AM   #510
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe

Quote:
Good call!

At Checkout Enter Promo Code: FIREDEAL (-$30.00)
Final Price: $129.00.

Just a bit more then I can spend. Ah well.
Darn, you beat me! I'm slipping.