Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Formats > PDF

Notices

Old 11-29-2010, 05:06 PM   #1
readyread
readyread began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Perfect page sizes

Hello,

I tried the combination of the tools "briss" and "soPdf" to get most out of my pdf-files which I want to read on my PRS 505 (in future on my PRS 650).

With briss its easy to define areas in the pdf which should be cut off (it seems to function perfectly in 98% of all my pages)

But in "soPdf" some pages are cut off on the right side which means that some text is not visible anymore :-( Even if I activate the "-w" option.
Furthermore some pages are too high (for about 2 or 3 lines of text).
Some images are cut into 2 pieces.

All in all it seems to be the best solution for me to read my pdf files without loosing the orignal formats (tables, source code, indents,...).

Is there any further developing of "soPdf" or another tool for 6'' devices which does not have the above bugs?
readyread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2010, 06:39 PM   #2
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
PDFLRF does an excellent job formatting the text for a small screen. The biggest problems are (1) the LRF output format, though that shouldn't be a problem if you're using a Sony, and (2) it rasterizes everything, so the file is much larger, and you can't use dictionary/search functions (not really a problem on the 505).

If you are mainly attracted to sopdf for its autocropping features, there are ways of using ghostscript and calibre together to autocrop a PDF. Details here. That doesn't split each page into subpages the way soPdf and PDFLRF do, but putting the reader in landscape mode achieves pretty much the same thing. (I just hate how the Sony grays out the boundary between the two halves in landscape mode...)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert