Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 10-29-2012, 07:02 PM   #46
kamanza
Zealot
kamanza began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks a lot for the new Sigil.
I'm giving it a test run - so far, so good!
kamanza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2012, 07:35 PM   #47
mrmikel
Color me gone
mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mrmikel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300
Except for the understandable file lock message, I have had no problems with .6 and impressed with the speed and ease in doing real world tasks.

Were it not for the imbecile that coded the HTML file I am working with, my life would be darn near perfect epub-wise!
mrmikel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2012, 07:45 PM   #48
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmikel View Post
Were it not for the imbecile that coded the HTML file I am working with, my life would be darn near perfect epub-wise!
I've come across that same imbecile's work many times. Good luck sorting it out!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:42 AM   #49
meg1212
meg1212 began at the beginning.

Device: original iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by pdurrant View Post
And it certainly launches in 10.6, and hopefully will also do so in 10.5.

I did see if a 10.4 version would compile easily, but it didn't. So Mac Intel only, which isn't too much of a surprise.
Thanks heaps!! Will give it a go and let you know how it goes...
And yes, will upgrade eventually (time, money!)
meg1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 12:56 AM   #50
meg1212
meg1212 began at the beginning.

Device: original iPad
Thanks for Mac Build 0.6.0a.
Seems to work in 10.6.8.

Thanks again.
meg1212 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-30-2012, 05:57 AM   #51
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura 2, Sony PRS-T1, Sony PRS-350, Palm TX
Quote:
OK, a Sigil 0.6.0 dmg for Intel Mac OS X 10.5 (and later) can be directly downloaded from my google docs folder by clicking this link.
No go on MacOS 10.5.8 on a Mac mini I'm afraid. It looks like your build is a 64-bit version, and my mini's CPU is only 32-bit:

Code:
mini:~ 299% arch
i386
I think that reports x86_64 or similar for a 64-bit CPU.

The full error report is:
Spoiler:
Code:
Process:         Sigil [52882]
Path:            /Volumes/Sigil/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil
Identifier:      com.sigil-ebook.Sigil.app
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [239]

Interval Since Last Report:          50337887 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           47
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Date/Time:       2012-10-30 20:47:15.675 +1100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  293D5FA8-04FB-4816-8C6A-F7DF81C79D30

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_CALayerHost
  Referenced from: /Volumes/Sigil/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore

Are you able to make a 32-bit build?

Cheers,
Simon.
snarkophilus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:27 AM   #52
Martina Schein
eBook-Reader-Fan
Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Martina Schein ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura H2O 2nd Edition
Thumbs up Congratulation!

Hello Guys,

I am still testing, but so far I can say that Sigil 0.6.0 64Bit works fine on Windows 8 Pro 64Bit.

I changed a few key assignments, but these are individual preferences - for example, I invoke the spellchecker always with "F7".

Thanks a lot for your great work.

Greetings
Martina
Martina Schein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 01:07 PM   #53
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
No go on MacOS 10.5.8 on a Mac mini I'm afraid. It looks like your build is a 64-bit version, and my mini's CPU is only 32-bit:

Code:
mini:~ 299% arch
i386
I think that reports x86_64 or similar for a 64-bit CPU.

The full error report is:
Spoiler:
Code:
Process:         Sigil [52882]
Path:            /Volumes/Sigil/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/Sigil
Identifier:      com.sigil-ebook.Sigil.app
Version:         ??? (???)
Code Type:       X86-64 (Native)
Parent Process:  launchd [239]

Interval Since Last Report:          50337887 sec
Crashes Since Last Report:           47
Per-App Interval Since Last Report:  0 sec
Per-App Crashes Since Last Report:   1

Date/Time:       2012-10-30 20:47:15.675 +1100
OS Version:      Mac OS X 10.5.8 (9L31a)
Report Version:  6
Anonymous UUID:  293D5FA8-04FB-4816-8C6A-F7DF81C79D30

Exception Type:  EXC_BREAKPOINT (SIGTRAP)
Exception Codes: 0x0000000000000002, 0x0000000000000000
Crashed Thread:  0

Dyld Error Message:
  Symbol not found: _OBJC_CLASS_$_CALayerHost
  Referenced from: /Volumes/Sigil/Sigil.app/Contents/MacOS/../Frameworks/QtWebKit.framework/Versions/4/QtWebKit
  Expected in: /System/Library/Frameworks/QuartzCore.framework/Versions/A/QuartzCore

Are you able to make a 32-bit build?

Cheers,
Simon.
Quite right. I've just checked and the binary I posted is indeed 64-bit only. That means Core2Duo machines and better.

I'll see what I can do about a fat 32/64 bit binary, but it's not obvious yet.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 05:00 PM   #54
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur
snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.snarkophilus ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
I'll see what I can do about a fat 32/64 bit binary, but it's not obvious yet.
Don't bust a gut over it - the Mac isn't my primary machine for editing books, and older Sigil still works well enough there. That said, I'll be happy to test a 32-bit binary if/when it becomes available .

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 10-30-2012, 06:48 PM   #55
pdurrant
The Grand Mouse 高貴的老鼠
pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pdurrant ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by snarkophilus View Post
Don't bust a gut over it - the Mac isn't my primary machine for editing books, and older Sigil still works well enough there. That said, I'll be happy to test a 32-bit binary if/when it becomes available .
Unfortunately, I've had a quick look, and I don't see how to do it. Getting the 10.5 to compile was relatively simple. Getting a fat binary out of it seems more complex.
pdurrant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 07:59 PM   #56
njm55n
njm55n began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle2 & Kindle3
v.0.6.0

Thanks for great tool which has been invaluable for me.
However, having finally made the long awaited upgrade from Windoze to Linux, I await with bated breath a suitable version for my Ubuntu 11.10 (I could not get Sigil 0.5.3 to work on the latest Ubuntu, so stayed with the previous distro).
Is there a timetable for a Linux version, please?
njm55n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 08:44 PM   #57
dicknskip
Zealot
dicknskip began at the beginning.

Device: iPad V-3
Do a Google search for rgibert ppa. His repository has a 0.6.0 for U/Kubuntu.
dicknskip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 10:04 PM   #58
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
I did get one set of warnings that I didn't understand:

WARNING:
WARNING: Could not find any external Qt frameworks to deploy in "Sigil.app"
WARNING: Perhaps macdeployqt was already used on "Sigil.app" ?
WARNING: If so, you will need to rebuild "Sigil.app" before trying again.
You can ignore this message. You get it when macdeployqt is called on a project that already had it run. I need to look into it further but I think the option to create the dmg is adding the framework files which is already done explicitly in an earlier step.

Also, the download for OS X is now built for 10.7+ and has retina display support.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2012, 11:31 PM   #59
snarkophilus
Wannabe Connoisseur

Quote:
Unfortunately, I've had a quick look, and I don't see how to do it. Getting the 10.5 to compile was relatively simple. Getting a fat binary out of it seems more complex.
Let me start by saying I've never used cmake ...

Can you try adding the red text in src/Sigil/CMakeLists.txt:

Code:
# For Mac, add frameworks and make a DMG
if( APPLE )
    set (CMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES "i386;x86_64" )
    if(CMAKE_GENERATOR STREQUAL Xcode)
        set( WORK_DIR "${CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}/Release" )
    else()
        set( WORK_DIR "${CMAKE_RUNTIME_OUTPUT_DIRECTORY}" )
    endif()
or (trying to do the same thing from the command line) using
-DCMAKE_OSX_ARCHITECTURES="i386;x86_64"
as an argument to cmake?

This is all thanks to Mr Google, and completely untested .

Cheers,
Simon.
Old 10-31-2012, 03:54 PM   #60
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicknskip View Post
Do a Google search for rgibert ppa. His repository has a 0.6.0 for U/Kubuntu.
Tanks You just saved my evening
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote