Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 10-03-2012, 01:17 AM   #16
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Do you think this is the KFs problem as well? The ASIN?
I don't have a KF, so I can't tell for sure... but it could well be. You can test it yourself:

Delete the file from the device, then open the book with the Metadata Editor and remove the ASIN record. Upload the file to the device.
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 02:44 AM   #17
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by ixtab View Post
I don't have a KF, so I can't tell for sure... but it could well be. You can test it yourself:

Delete the file from the device, then open the book with the Metadata Editor and remove the ASIN record. Upload the file to the device.
Will do some testing and let you know.

Nope it's didn't work. It's a server issue. I am sure of it because once in a great moon when I connect and send stuff through the covers show up all the book but if I shut off WiFi then reconnect the next time white covers till the next blue moon.

Last edited by Blossom; 10-03-2012 at 04:12 AM.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 12:25 PM   #18
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 2i, 3g, 4, 5w, PW, PW2, PW5; Kobo H2O, Forma, Elipsa, Sage, C2E
FWIW, if the thumbnails/cover cache is still located on the userstore, we'll also be able to update Calibre's current workaround of sideloading the thumbnails along with the book (for books with a Calibre UUID as the ASIN, I mean).

I won't have a PW until a good few weeks, but if someone can look inside the system folder and see if stuff looks like the cover cache in there, that might help .
NiLuJe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 12:46 PM   #19
ecksor
Enthusiast
ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Kindle PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by NiLuJe View Post
FWIW, if the thumbnails/cover cache is still located on the userstore, we'll also be able to update Calibre's current workaround of sideloading the thumbnails along with the book (for books with a Calibre UUID as the ASIN, I mean).

I won't have a PW until a good few weeks, but if someone can look inside the system folder and see if stuff looks like the cover cache in there, that might help .
Yep, the covers are in \system\thumbnails.
ecksor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2012, 07:36 PM   #20
NiLuJe
BLAM!
NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NiLuJe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

@ecksor: A slightly more detailed answer would have been helpful .
Advert
Old 10-03-2012, 07:40 PM   #21
ecksor
Enthusiast
ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'ecksor knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Quote:
@ecksor: A slightly more detailed answer would have been helpful .
Sorry, I am fairly new to this. Do you want me to print out the entire directory tree?
Old 10-03-2012, 07:51 PM   #22
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ecksor: Mainly check if these are actually the ones built by the Kindle, not Calibre (there's a slight 2px dropshadow on the bottom right corner when they've been generated on Kindle), and a few examples of filenames. Along with the usual dimensions of said images, and checking if you see proper covers, or only the tiny thumbnails shown on the longpress popup.

Last edited by NiLuJe; 10-03-2012 at 07:58 PM.
Old 10-03-2012, 08:25 PM   #23
ecksor
Enthusiast

Got it. Thanks for your patience.

Please see the screenie attached. The highlighted filename is my book uploaded via calibre, the rest are preloaded dictionaries. It's just a tiny thumbnail, no full image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	filenames.jpg
Views:	933
Size:	67.5 KB
ID:	93340  
Old 10-03-2012, 09:45 PM   #24
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ecksor: That's the tiny thumbnails from the longpress popup, like on the Touch, not the stuff from cover view mode. Good to know that they're slightly larger, though, but that was to be expected .
Old 10-04-2012, 10:49 AM   #25
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Note that there are images for the dictionaries in there so it is not just Calibre putting files in there.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 12:46 PM   #26
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@Greg G: Doesn't change the fact that those are the longpress thumbnails, not the full cover from Cover View . (Which was kind of my original inquiry: is there a cache of those somewhere on the userstore?).
Old 10-04-2012, 01:23 PM   #27
Greg G
Groupie
Greg G is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle Papwerwhite
Ok, makes sense. I'm not seeing any .jpg, .gif, or .png cover files anywhere else other than covers for books they want to sell me in .mrch.
Greg G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 07:48 PM   #28
Skydog
Wizard
Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Skydog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa 2E, Sage, Forma, Libra 2, Clara 2E, Kindle Oasis3, Voyage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg G View Post
Ok, makes sense. I'm not seeing any .jpg, .gif, or .png cover files anywhere else other than covers for books they want to sell me in .mrch.
I cannot locate any thumbnails whatsoever. Can you provide the exact path to where they are located? Thanks.
Skydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 08:26 PM   #29
ixtab
(offline)
ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ixtab ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3, K4, K5, KPW, KPW2
Quote:
@Greg G: Doesn't change the fact that those are the longpress thumbnails, not the full cover from Cover View . (Which was kind of my original inquiry: is there a cache of those somewhere on the userstore?).
Simple: they're used for the longpress thumbnails AND the cover view
ixtab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2012, 10:46 PM   #30
NiLuJe
BLAM!

@ixtab: But they're so tiny! I thought they were using something larger for the Cover View :?. Those things are like 150x180 on the Touch...