Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 10-15-2015, 02:51 AM   #1
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Pocketbook Inkpad 4, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Scribe
Silk Browser not openeing new tab

Fire HD6: The + sign on the top left is unresponsive in my Silk Browser. I am on 5.0.1, and until yesterday Silk worked. Now it does open a page in a new tab if I click on a ink and answer "open in new tab" but it won't open a new empty tab if I want it to.

I rebooted the device (30s on/off button pressed, than start it new), emptied the Silk Browser cache, force closed it and so on. Nothing changes.

Has anyone had that too, and how did you solved it ?
aceflor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 09:45 AM   #2
aceflor
Wizard
aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.aceflor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

FYI: I ended up having to do a Factory Reset. Everything working fine again now.
Advert
Old 10-15-2015, 10:39 AM   #3
Josieb1
Grand Sorcerer
Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Josieb1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Forma, Libra2, Clara 2e, Kindle Scribe, PW SE & Kindle 2022
I'm glad it's all sorted now
Josieb1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2015, 11:02 AM   #4
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josieb1 View Post
I'm glad it's all sorted now
Thanks Josie. But what a pain really...!
Old 10-15-2015, 12:48 PM   #5
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
For various reasons, I've restored to factory defaults twice in the last couple of months. If you have 'backup to cloud' option enabled, it is really not a bit deal. But I'm surprised that it appeared to be necessary in this case. I would have thought restart would have been sufficient. Or even just going to Settings->Applications->Silk->advanced->Reset all Silk Settings.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-15-2015, 02:07 PM   #6
aceflor
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
For various reasons, I've restored to factory defaults twice in the last couple of months. If you have 'backup to cloud' option enabled, it is really not a bit deal. But I'm surprised that it appeared to be necessary in this case. I would have thought restart would have been sufficient. Or even just going to Settings->Applications->Silk->advanced->Reset all Silk Settings.
I thought so too, but no, nothing was possible. It restored part of what I had, but I also sideload apps and have Google play installed on it so that was the annoying part, having to manually re-install those. Plus my library stuff (overdrive, onleihe, hoopla, zinio) : when the apps were restored, the books or digital stuff were not. But all is good now !
Old 10-15-2015, 09:00 PM   #7
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Hmm, I guess I'm not in any hurry to get the update to 5.0.1 for my Fire HD6, after all.
tomsem is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-16-2015, 12:11 AM   #8
aceflor
Wizard

Yes, I think it is wise to wait. I have had different apps crash on me too, and I am sure it is due to 5.0.1.