Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 08-10-2010, 11:57 AM   #1
shadowplace1
shadowplace1 began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Issue With metadata when Connected to Itunes

Hello,
First off i must say this is a great application for ebook Management. Thank you for the time and effort in making this and keep up the great work.

Now on to the issue im having. Ive gone through the steps in ensuring that calibre and iTunes communicate correctly when transferring eBooks and it works but the metadata doesn't carry over. I click save to disk and wait for the process to finish but the metadata for the book doesn't show on the file in itunes. For Some reason it doesnt do this to all the books on my collection...just the ones it seems to choose. Ive searched the forums to see if anyone else has had this particular problem but most of my findings seems to address different issues.
Any Help is greatly appreciated.

included is a pic of the library in iTunes to show this issue and the data thats in calibre
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screen cap 1.jpg
Views:	182
Size:	259.6 KB
ID:	56460   Click image for larger version

Name:	screen cap 2.jpg
Views:	164
Size:	297.4 KB
ID:	56461  
shadowplace1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 12:00 PM   #2
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
If you are using iTunes (I presume with iBooks) then what you describe is not the way to do it. What you should do is instead use the "connect to iTunes" option from the Connect/share menu and then use "send to Device" to transfer the books.

You might want to look at the first post in this thread for more information. Note that although the thread title refers to iPad it now applies to any device running iBooks and transferring the books via iTunes.

Last edited by itimpi; 08-10-2010 at 12:05 PM.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 12:35 PM   #3
shadowplace1

er sorry. i meant to say send to device. i have it connected to itunes and send the books through send to device.
Old 08-10-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
itimpi
Wizard
itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.itimpi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-950, iphone/ipad (Marvin/iBooks/QuickReader)
Ah - that is a PDF file. I believe that there are known issues with setting the metadata in some PDF files. The issue is in an external library the Calibre uses and a fix is awaited. Also, looking at the file size it is almost certainly an image based file - and that might also contribute to the issue.
itimpi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:22 PM   #5
shadowplace1

yes, most of the pdf's are imaged based
Advert
Old 08-10-2010, 01:31 PM   #6
GRiker
Comparer of the Ephemeris
GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GRiker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
There's a bug in PDF transfers to iTunes that will be fixed in the next release, please try again after the next release.

G
GRiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2010, 01:38 PM   #7
shadowplace1

Thank you. I shall wait patiently.