Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 10-14-2009, 04:49 PM   #1
slqhorses
slqhorses began at the beginning.

Device: Sony Reader
Question Hi I'm new- Thinking about a Sony Reader

I don't have an e-reader yet. I looked at Kindle - but since Amazon can take your books off if they are pulled by the publisher I have decided that is not for me. I have a MAC and am concerned that I will not be able to download books very well with the Sony PRS 600.
slqhorses is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 05:13 PM   #2
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to MR!

I have a Sony, albeit an older version, and a Mac, and I'm using Calibre to manage my library, which is working very well.

However, Sony's own software is now Mac-compatible, so you may find that works for you.
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-14-2009, 08:10 PM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi slqhorses and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 since Jan 08 and really like it.
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2009, 09:17 PM   #4
orion2001
Groupie
orion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notesorion2001 can name that song in three notes

Device: PRS-505
I love my pRS-505. However, if I were you, I'd wait to see what the Barnes and Nobles e-reader will be selling for (along with its capabilities). Apparently they plan on selling it at a lower price than the Kindle which could make it a pretty sweet deal. Of course, we need to wait and see if it will support other formats like EPUB.
orion2001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2009, 08:57 AM   #5
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Click image for larger version

Name:	blue.jpg
Views:	231
Size:	3.1 KB
ID:	38135 slqhorses, and welcome to the forum.

I am the quite happy owner of a Sony 505.

Good luck with your decision, and do let us know which device you decide to get and how you like it.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert