Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 05-27-2008, 07:25 PM   #1
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
Kindle Price Drop! You may be entitled to a $40 refund!

http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html

Amazon.com has a 30-day price-matching guarantee. The Kindle's price dropped to $359 today (or maybe yesterday). For those who want to buy a Kindle, it's a great time. To those who have bought one in the last 30 days, apply for your $40!
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 08:49 PM   #2
USAFSSO
USAFSSO began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Sent an email this morning and 2 hours later they let me know I would be credited. I have only had one for 5 days.
USAFSSO is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-27-2008, 09:20 PM   #3
TheEternalVortex
TheEternalVortex began at the beginning.

Amazon must hate me. I bought mine 31 days before. Oh well.
TheEternalVortex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 10:02 PM   #4
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
c'mon we knew it would happen
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2008, 11:33 PM   #5
lovebeta
Groupie
lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.lovebeta has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Amazon Kindle 2, Amazon Kindle, Sony PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheEternalVortex View Post
Amazon must hate me. I bought mine 31 days before. Oh well.
30-day starts from the shipment date. Maybe you've still got time. Hurrrrrry
lovebeta is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-28-2008, 07:07 PM   #6
jams1fan
Kindled
jams1fan is on a distinguished road

Device: Kindle, Treo 700p
Requested the $40 refund and received an affirmative within an hour of the request (via email). That's prompt service. I've had my Kindle about a week. $$ will be credited to my credit card. Yay. More money to buy Kindle books
jams1fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 07:34 PM   #7
Rocketime
Zealot
Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Rocketime has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle/Nook Color/NST/Acer Iconica
Curious why the origional post was moved and not this one
Rocketime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2008, 08:12 PM   #8
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
I'm guessing because the title is letting Kindle owners know they may be entitled to a credit. It's kind of a PSA.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 01:34 PM   #9
Kaylle
Kaylle began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 1, Ebookwise
Thanks for the heads-up! I've applied for mine.
Kaylle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 04:39 PM   #10
honeybunny
Connoisseur
honeybunny has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kindle 2 GSM
I got my refund notification last night. Cheers to Amazon!
honeybunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2008, 05:21 PM   #11
Hound
Hound began at the beginning.

I just emailed my other half to get in on this. I've only had mine a week and a half.
Hound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2008, 10:09 AM   #12
Prince Hal
Zealot
Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.Prince Hal once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Galaxy Player 4.2; Nexus 3 (wifi only); Nook HD+ (possibly)
Many thanks. Sent an email to amazon yesterday, got a reply within 1 hour. Confirmed that I was eligable. This morning another email saying the money had been refunded. I bought my kindle on the 8th May.

Thanks.
Prince Hal is offline   Reply With Quote