Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 06:53 AM   #16
Dave_S
What Title ?
Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dave_S ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Experia Z Ultra
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBell View Post
Thanks, Barty, but I live in Australia, and Barnes and Noble refuse to have any dealings with us.

I am using Mantano, and am reasonably happy with it.
If you want to use the Nook app, don't let B&N put you off. There are lots of places to get Android apps besides the Play Store or B&N. Here is a list of some alternative download sites. LINK. I just checked SlideME on that list and it has the Nook app for download.
Dave_S is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:56 PM   #17
AlexBell
Wizard
AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AlexBell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS T3, Kobo Glo, Kindle Touch, iPad, Samsung SB 2 tablet
Thanks, Dave

I'll follow that up, since I'm having trouble with one of my ebooks on the Nexus. The ebook has several images in landscape orientation. These images extend from one side of the screen to the other on my Sony and my iPad, but only extend across about two thirds of the screen on the Nexux.

I have no way of knowing right now whether it's Mantano that's the problem, so I need to test with another Android ereader app.

Edit: I tested it with the Sony tablet ereader app, and the problem was still there. Then I cleaned up the stylesheet, and the images now display just as well on the Nexus 7 with Mantano as they do on my other ereader devices.

Last edited by AlexBell; 12-19-2013 at 12:15 AM.
AlexBell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 10:29 AM   #18
menevets
Connoisseur
menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.menevets ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-300/Kindle 4 basic/iPad/iPod Touch/iPhone/Nexus 7
For music, I uploaded/matched my music to Google Play Music. Nothing to do with All Access. If your music is ID'd the way Google likes it, it won't upload and will match and you'll get your collection online much faster. GPM is like a combo personal streaming library/backup.

I play my music via the official GPM app on Android and iOS devices. You can stream or download albums/playlists for offline listening. I think it's 320k even if your files are not. I only used half of the 20K max songs.

I buy digital music mostly from Amazon, store it locally using iTunes, stream it using Google and subscribe to a streaming service, MOG. So much for sticking with one ecosystem.
menevets is offline   Reply With Quote