Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-17-2013, 03:30 PM   #1
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Device: none
Virus alert visiting Onyx International homepage

Since I am interested in Onyx products, I almost daily visit their homepage

http://www.onyx-international.com.cn/en/

to read the company's news.

Since several days I get a virus alert from my GDATA Internet Security 2013 antivirus software at each visit. The software warns against the virus

Exploit.TIFF.Gen

I wonder how a virus can be located on the homepage of a - hopefully - reputable company.

I am looking forward to your ideas and comments.

Best regards
Philju
Philju is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2013, 06:12 PM   #2
papyrus
papyrus began at the beginning.

Device: Papyre 6.1 (Hanlin V3), Onyx M92
Virus checkings....

According Virustotal which includes the GData engine, there's no threat in the mentioned URL

See analysis results here:

https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/06...is/1379453761/

BUT Sucuri SiteChecker list it as holding malware

http://sitecheck.sucuri.net/results/...ational.com.cn

I don't know at this moment who's right...Quttera also says no malware present.

http://quttera.com/detailed_report/w...ational.com.cn
papyrus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2013, 03:15 PM   #3
iampiti
Connoisseur
iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!iampiti will blow your mind, man!

Device: Onyx M92
Btw, do Onyx update their website much? The few times I visit their page there always seems to be the same news more or less.
iampiti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2013, 03:42 PM   #4
Philju
Enthusiast
Philju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcoverPhilju exercises by bench pressing the entire Harry Potter series in hardcover

Indeed there is almost no change. But since the launch of the E-Ink smartphone E43 has been announced on the Computex fair (June) for September, I check the homepage every few days.

By the way, the virus problem still exists.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:45 PM   #5
Philju
Enthusiast

Another virus alert

Hi,

this is just to complete my previous posting. Now my antivirus software warns against:

Script.Exploit.Kit.E@gen

once I load the onyx homepage. By now I doubt that there is any coincidence involved. I rather wonder if these viruses are planted by ONYX or - more likely - by Chinese authorities.

I hope not to bore anybody with this topic.

Philju
Advert
Old 10-03-2013, 07:09 AM   #6
Randy11
Wizard
Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Randy11 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung EB60, Onyx M92, Onyx Max2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Philju View Post
I hope not to bore anybody with this topic.
Philju
No, it's good to know that.
Randy11 is offline   Reply With Quote