Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 07-13-2013, 08:07 PM   #1
spacemanspiff
spacemanspiff began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thinking about purchasing Nook HD/HD+

I'm looking to procure a Nook HD+ for a family member who can't type with any rate to justify a cheap laptop, and would appreciate the backlit screen as an upgrade from her Kindle touch.

The draw of a tablet was initially seeing my iPad, which can transcribe speech to text - and quickly became an interesting "Nook?" question considering the now great pricing. With a bit of research I've found that Evernote also does this on Android devices, and was wondering how it works for people?

The built-in transcription on my iPad is great, but she'd be looking for a 9" tab, and for her needs the iPad is a bit of a stretch. Knowing how well the Google-powered Evernote transcription system works would be a great thing.

Thanks!
spacemanspiff is offline   Reply With Quote