Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 11-19-2012, 02:49 PM   #1
Hundedrek
Hundedrek began at the beginning.

Device: none
Pocket eDGe browser Enter key help

Hello, MobileReaders:
Seeking help with an Entourage Pocket eDGe browser keyboard issue. I have recalibrated the Tablet side keyboard several times, but no luck.
When I enter a URL or search term into the browser and press Enter, it types an "L" instead of sending my request.
All the other keys on the right hand side of the screen work properly.
Anyone know of a fix?
Thanks from Haufen in E TN, USA
Hundedrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:21 AM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Try another keyboard. The Android keyboard has proven to be quirky for some owners:

https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=172208

Take a look at my Resource Sticky (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...d.php?t=132878) for links to different keyboards and how to enable them. Good luck.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2012, 03:39 AM   #3
Filark
Armed with a smile :)
Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Filark ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: enTourage eDGe & Pocket eDGe, Samsung Galaxy Note II
Mine does that sometimes too. If you tap the space bar before the enter key it will usually work without the "L". Good luck, and welcome!!
Filark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2012, 09:52 PM   #4
Hundedrek
Hundedrek began at the beginning.

Device: none
Thanks!

I appreciate the suggestions and will give them a try.

The Pocket eDGe is an inspired concept and I'm reluctant to give up on mine.

After I resolve the browser issue, the next item to work on is how to get the library e-book software to download and run. Another question for another time.

Happy Thanksgiving to all

H
Hundedrek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2012, 07:28 AM   #5
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hundedrek View Post
After I resolve the browser issue, the next item to work on is how to get the library e-book software to download and run.
Which?
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert