Notices

Old 01-27-2013, 08:07 AM   #271
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by vlad59 View Post
@Northguy

I guess you have this problem only when you have a scroller on the right.

If you choose an author / serie / tag which only have 2 or 3 books, is it ok ?

Please try to change
Code:
.container
{
margin:auto;
width:100%;
max-width:800px;
}
Try to reduce width to 90 or 95%. Thanks in advance.
Hi Vlad,

It is not in the list with authors. This shows perfectly. It shows only when you show a book detail text with a rather large summary. Indeed when showing the scroller bar.

I am a bit at a loss where to find the code you mentioned. In which file can I find that snippet?

P.S. would love it if a SPK will be available. Are you also going to create a repository for that?
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 09:29 AM   #272
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

Device: iPad & iPhone with Marvin 2 + 3 & Kobo Glo HD
Hi Vlad59,

Did some testing and I am running into problems with a WAMP (Windows/Apache/PHP) installation under Win 7.
Did a standard installation, only changed config_local.php for the Calibre directory. Mod_xsendfile is installed.

- ePUBreader a plugin for Firefox works perfectly
- Stanza and Shubook (IOS 6) give problems.

Problemdescription:
Stanza
URL = http://<ip>/cops31/feed/php
Select book source = ok
Authors show
Select author -> Catalog is empty -> pupup ->
Catalog Error
Error reading catalog data, Please try again later

Disabling mod_xsendfile did not solve the problem.

With Linux (Debian Squeeze and Wheezy) this gives no error.
The Calibre files are a direct copy.
The same Calibre files work perfectly with COPS 0.3.0.

Any idea's what is going wrong?
mariosipad is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 02:58 PM   #273
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

Device: Kobo eReader Touch, Kobo Aura HD
@Northguy

Sorry for the lack of precision. The code you can try to modify is in style.css

For the spk, I won't speak of it before it's out. Afraid of bad luck .

Thanks a lot for updating the Wiki.

@mariosipad

That's strange, but I made some modifications to the OPDS catalog so that might be a true regression. Unfortunately I live in a home without any Apple product so I can't test it myself.

Can you give me the full path of Calibre directory in both cases ? Does the directory in the windows server contains a drive (c: or d ?

What's really strange is that EpubReader is fine ... Did you check Apache log on the Wamp server ?

Thanks in advance.
vlad59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 03:53 PM   #274
Northguy
Northguy began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
@Vlad: will test the .CSS sometime later this week. Please check your private mail for a localization update.

Egards,

Northguy
Northguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:20 PM   #275
jj23
jj23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Hi,

Is there a way to set priorities for formats? I have some books in three formats in Calibre (mobi,epud,pdf). For these books at the main list I have epub and pdf. I'd like to set mobi as preferred format. Is it possible?
jj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-27-2013, 04:40 PM   #276
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jj23 View Post
Hi,

Is there a way to set priorities for formats? I have some books in three formats in Calibre (mobi,epud,pdf). For these books at the main list I have epub and pdf. I'd like to set mobi as preferred format. Is it possible?
You set the Order (and allowed formats) in the Device driver Plugin configuration. Move Mobi before the other formats
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2013, 04:59 PM   #277
mariosipad
Guru
mariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watchmariosipad is clearly one to watch

@Vlad

To keep it simple. 2 virtually 100% the same setups. Only difference is:
1 - WAMP (X-Sendfile installed)
3 - Apache Linux Debian Wheezy (X-Sendfile installed)

Paths in config_local.php are both: "./Calibre/"

Shubook (Stanza clone IOS 6) error:
Encountered OPDS document syntax error. Tried to recover.

I only get this error with WAMP. Linux works aas expected.

Relevant eror lines from Apache log file could be:
Code:
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP Notice:  Undefined offset: 1 in C:\\wamp\\www\\cops31\\base.php on line 333
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP Stack trace:
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP   1. {main}() C:\\wamp\\www\\cops31\\feed.php:0
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP   2. OPDSRenderer->render() C:\\wamp\\www\\cops31\\feed.php:35
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP   3. OPDSRenderer->startXmlDocument() C:\\wamp\\www\\cops31\\OPDS_renderer.php:230
[Sun Jan 27 22:30:11 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] PHP   4. Page->containsBook() C:\\wamp\\www\\cops31\\OPDS_renderer.php:133
[Sun Jan 27 22:32:30 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/favicon.ico
[Sun Jan 27 22:32:33 2013] [error] [client 192.168.1.116] File does not exist: C:/wamp/www/favicon.ico
If I use http://<IP-WAMPserver>/cops31/feed.php in a browser (Firefox) I get the following error after choosing the first letter of the author:

Code:
XML Parsing Error: junk after document element
Line Number 2, Column 1:<font size='1'><table class='xdebug-error xe-notice' dir='ltr' border='1' cellspacing='0' cellpadding='1'>
^
I do not get this error when using either Linux Apache (COPS 0.3.1)or WAMP with COPS 0.3.0.

So the modifications might have introduced the error. But only in Windows?

for COPS!
Old 01-28-2013, 09:05 AM   #278
vlad59
Addict
vlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five wordsvlad59 can name that ebook in five words

@Northguy

Yep, I received your mail. I will handle it later this week.

@jj23

Yes you can, you have to alter this config item in you config_local.php :

$config['cops_prefered_format'] = array ("EPUB", "PDF", "MOBI", "CBR", "CBZ");

@mariosipad

I may have found it. Can you try to change line 333 of base.php from

Code:
        if (get_class ($this->entryArray [1]) == "EntryBook") return true;
to

Code:
        if (get_class ($this->entryArray [0]) == "EntryBook") return true;
Old 01-28-2013, 12:38 PM   #279
CreaB
CreaB began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire
I have tested the new custom-column-function and it works like a charm.

Thanks!
CreaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2013, 01:01 PM   #280
mariosipad
Guru

Quote:
@mariosipad

I may have found it. Can you try to change line 333 of base.php from

Code:
        if (get_class ($this->entryArray [1]) == "EntryBook") return true;
to

Code:
        if (get_class ($this->entryArray [0]) == "EntryBook") return true;
I have changed line 333 of base.php like you suggested.

And it works for WAMP (Windows 7 / Apache) with Stanza and Shubook (IOS6) and with ePUBReader (Firefox).

And it still works for Linux Debian Squeeze with Stanza and Shubook (IOS6) and with ePUBReader (Firefox

for the quick reply and for COPS!
Old 01-28-2013, 04:12 PM   #281
mariosipad
Guru

Installation of COPS with WAMP.

I do not know if it is supposed to work or not, but I get a 404 error when I use the line:

Code:
$config['calibre_directory'] = 'D:/Calibre/';
in config_local.php when I want to fetch a book/epub.
Error is with fetch.php
[mod_xsendfile is installed]

Solution (if mod_xsendfile is installed):
- put the line
Code:
XSendFilePath d:/Calibre
in the (apache) httpd.conf file.
- putting it in the .htaccess file or enabling line
Code:
XSendFileAllowAbove on
did not work for me. I got a "Internal Server Error"

Maybe this helps someone to use the Calibre directory on another drive (with WAMP).
Old 01-29-2013, 03:42 AM   #282
vlad59
Addict

@CreaB

Thanks for the report

@mariosipad

Happy to know that the fix is working for you.

about the path with D:. It should work fine if you don't set X-SendFile :

$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "";
Old 01-29-2013, 05:40 AM   #283
mariosipad
Guru

@vlad59

You are right.
Path D:/ works with [$config['cops_x_accel_redirect'] = "";].

However if one wants to use (the latest version of) X-Sendfile (for larger files?; PDF's?) he/she has to set XSendFilePath D:/ for COPS with X-Sendfile to work.
Old 01-29-2013, 03:25 PM   #284
jj23
jj23 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
@jj23

Yes you can, you have to alter this config item in you config_local.php :

$config['cops_prefered_format'] = array ("EPUB", "PDF", "MOBI", "CBR", "CBZ");
Works perfectly. Thank you! You simplified my books-life :-)
jj23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2013, 08:39 AM   #285
vlad59
Addict

@mariosipad

Thanks for the confirmation. I'll add an note in .htaccess about that case.

@jj23

You're welcome.

Tags
calibre opds, dns, kobo aura, synology