Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-22-2011, 03:16 AM   #16
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post
Here is my shamless plug, I just release a tool that will help you.
Cut your chapter like you want them in sigil and use my tool to add all the separate file you want to the TOC, you can then Mass rename them to Chapter One, etc...

No more need to add heading tags...

http://code.google.com/p/epubfixer/
er

1. are shameless plugs allowed...

2. without heading tags, Kindle navigation button will not work - kinda defeats the object of the exercise

has anyone tried this spam/wonderful tool as I don't plan on being 1st in line ?
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2011, 01:12 PM   #17
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hitch View Post
Nigol:

Shameless question: if your relocated headings aren't surrounded by heading tags, what ARE they surrounded by? What hierarchal structure are you using? And where?

Hitch
It just uses the html file that are there. So 1 file, 1 entry. The user can then rename them like they want of use the Mass Rename that could by entering Chapter 1, change all the selected chapter to Chapter One, Two, etc.

For more special entry you will have to do them 1 by 1, but it is way faster than using Sigil (I found that it is). Or my prefered way is to use calibre to detect those header, and use my tool to do some cleanup.

Just look at this thread for more info
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho....php?p=1352495
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-22-2011, 01:23 PM   #18
Nigol
Groupie
Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nigol ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Original, Kobo Touch
Quote:
Originally Posted by cybmole View Post
er

1. are shameless plugs allowed...

2. without heading tags, Kindle navigation button will not work - kinda defeats the object of the exercise

has anyone tried this spam/wonderful tool as I don't plan on being 1st in line ?
It is a plug, but I just want people to know about it, because I am sure that there are some that found that there was something missing.

I really don't know about the Kindle, but since this is for ePub and Kindle only uses Mobi, I guess it might not fully apply. I guess you plan to edit the ePub and convert it to mobi after.

But for the standard ePub this works for me. I can't please everybody. But if people are interested I will publish the source, and maybe some other people can start working on it too, to add more functionality. Without copying things Sigil does (that is why I added a edit in sigil option) that will let you backup your TOC and replace it after sigil closes, because for the moment sigil does not keep the TOC that already exist.

Which brings me to a question, when converting from calibre, why isn't here an option to change the heading tag inside the files to h1, h2 etc. Sigil will be able to detect the heading and if the KIndle really uses the Tag, then everybody wins.

This tool is done to be able to work with Sigil and calibre, not replace them.

Last edited by Nigol; 01-22-2011 at 01:26 PM.
Nigol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 06:22 AM   #19
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nigol View Post

Which brings me to a question, when converting from calibre, why isn't here an option to change the heading tag inside the files to h1, h2 etc.
there is - sort-of it was done within structure detection - now renamed as heuristics section

the new 7.42 version makes it easer to use,and works on epub - it will look for chapter structures, tag them, and also split xhtml if there are 2 or more chapters in a file. it will not however recombine xhtml files if there are more than 1 per chapter.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote