Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > More E-Book Readers > iRex > iRex Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 03-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #46
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Device: iRex iLiad, iRex DR800S. K4NT. Kobo Aura, Aura One, Libra 2.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel View Post
The more I play with Lgob, the more I like it!
I started a page about Lgob for Iliad. It has (some) references about building it...
https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luailiad/wiki/lgob
first, sorry for the silence these days I'm currently travelling a lot.

afaik, lgob is based on the new glib/gtk+ introspection infraestructure Johan Dahlin has written. Johan is the mantainer of glib/gtk+ python bindings.

And that's the part I don't understand, how can it work with older glib/gtk+ versions?

Iņigo

PS: btw, thanks for CC'ing in those emails with lgui people
Iņigo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2009, 07:12 AM   #47
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Device: iliad
lgob: a first working demo

I built a more or less decent Iliad package for lgob (svn 501). It is 'alpha', but it is good enough to play with.

The attached tgz contains:

- A small demo, written in Lua with Lgob for the gui (a unit converter)
- An ipk-package for Lua
- An ipk-package for Lgob
- A nice installer, my latest install technology ;-)
- xx, a small xedpmgr like program to handle display refresh and enable the keyboard

Just unpack on your memory card and start the installer from the content lister

Not bad for 1/2 MB he?

Please test and comment!

@Iņigo: the lgob build process uses text files with info about all gtk/gdk functions and classes. This file knows which functions can be used in which gtk version. The build scripts uses this information to generate a Lua biding for a given version. It's really great.

Many thanks to Lucas Hermann Negri for developing lgob!

PS: I keep all my Iliad stuff in svn of the mobilread dev corner. Feel free to browse around.
The files for this demo are here: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luai...ments/LgobTest
The files I use to build lgob are here: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luai...ser/trunk/lgob
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	lgobtest.png
Views:	535
Size:	47.9 KB
ID:	25674  
Attached Files
File Type: gz LgobTest-0.1.0.tar.gz (549.4 KB, 429 views)

Last edited by hansel; 03-15-2009 at 11:14 AM.
hansel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2009, 05:01 AM   #48
hansel
JSR FFD2
hansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheesehansel can extract oil from cheese

Post New version

: New versions for Lua and lgob (the interface to GTK) are available as ipk files.

lua5.1-iliad-1.5.0.ipk: added support for libcurl
lgob-iliad-0.1.5.ipk: more features, fewer bugs (based on svn 528)

Download: https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/hansel/luailiad/
Info: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luailiad

EDIT: the ipk files are included in the small demo mentioned in post 9 of https://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=43929

Last edited by hansel; 04-04-2009 at 08:33 AM.
Old 04-04-2009, 06:14 AM   #49
Iņigo
Guru
Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.Iņigo did not drink the Kool Aid.

Thumbs up

Quote:
: New versions for Lua and lgob (the interface to GTK) are available as ipk files.

lua5.1-iliad-1.5.0.ipk: added support for libcurl
lgob-iliad-0.1.5.ipk: more features, fewer bugs (based on svn 528)

Download: https://dev.mobileread.com/dist/hansel/luailiad/
Info: https://dev.mobileread.com/trac/luailiad
It works smoothly.

Iņigo
Old 07-16-2009, 03:22 AM   #50
hansel
JSR FFD2

More Lua ideas...

I just Bought a Squeezebox Duet, a cool network music system by Logitech.

It has Linux (arm), WIFI, an SDK, you can ssh into it, AND it uses Lua for a lot of internal stuff (applets, the menu system, etc, etc...). It shows that Lua is great for embeded Linux devices, and might be a source of great ideas for Iliad development ;-)

Links:

Cheers,
Hansel

Last edited by hansel; 07-16-2009 at 03:28 AM.
Old 07-16-2009, 05:27 AM   #51
Iņigo
Guru

nixio

Btw, what do you think about http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/doc/ ?
It looks a good replacement for some of the modules.

Iņigo
Old 07-16-2009, 05:28 AM   #52
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
I've heard of this device some time ago. Quite fancy and interesting. It seems can cooperate with something called SlimServer? I am not so sure.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2009, 04:52 PM   #53
hansel
JSR FFD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iņigo View Post
Btw, what do you think about http://dev.luci.freifunk-halle.net/nixio/doc/ ?
It looks a good replacement for some of the modules.
Iņigo
Yes I think so. Didn't have time to test it yet... Did you have a look at it?
For now I don't have any simple use for it (and for Lua). I'd like to reimplement (parts of) ContenLister in Lua, but that's a big project (with a small audience)...

Besides, I get the feeling that the IliadOS is dying.

Last edited by hansel; 07-16-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-16-2009, 04:57 PM   #54
hansel
JSR FFD2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
I've heard of this device some time ago. Quite fancy and interesting. It seems can cooperate with something called SlimServer? I am not so sure.
Its called Squeezecenter now. It's an open source app (server) writen in perl that streams you file to the player. It has a web interface that allows yoyu to manage everything... http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/su...ezecenter.html. You can download an install it, and use it with a squeezeplayer (media player) that is compatible with the controller http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay (the remote that runs linux, lua, wifi, etc). Really cool!

The sdk has a crosscompiler for arm. I didn't manage to build a new kernel yet

Last edited by hansel; 07-16-2009 at 05:08 PM.
Old 07-17-2009, 04:58 AM   #55
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Its called Squeezecenter now. It's an open source app (server) writen in perl that streams you file to the player. It has a web interface that allows yoyu to manage everything... http://www.logitechsqueezebox.com/su...ezecenter.html. You can download an install it, and use it with a squeezeplayer (media player) that is compatible with the controller http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezePlay (the remote that runs linux, lua, wifi, etc). Really cool!

The sdk has a crosscompiler for arm. I didn't manage to build a new kernel yet
Fascinating.
Both SqueezeCenter and SqueezePlay work smoothly on my linux machines.
The only problem I found is that squeezeplay doesn't work at all on my x86_64 desktop, but not a problem, I will use it on my eeepc and there it performs superbly.

I've been postponing uPNP configuration on my home servers for some months because it was complex and boring... and now you come into and show me the perfect, fastest and more beautiful solution, and it works like a charm, it's almost a plug'n'play solution!!!

Thanks a lot,
Iņigo

PS: I'll try to convince my wife during next holidays in the romantic Flandes and get a SqueezeBox Duet afterwards ;-)
Old 09-15-2009, 05:25 PM   #56
Iņigo
Guru

Lightbulb RecentFiles: clean your recent files list

Hi again guys,

Find attached a small tool to help you mantain clean your recent files list.

It's a small lua + lgob script that allows you to remove some unneeded entries from your recent files list. Please note that it doesn't remove the files, only their correspondent entries in Recent Documents view.

Install package is based on (read, completely stealed from) hansel's MultiCalc.
It contains hansel's last released versions of lua and lgob and "xx" app to manage screen refresh.

(btw Hansel, there is a new lgob version released a few days ago... ;-)

Hope you like this.
Best regards,
Iņigo

PS: btw, I bought an Squeezebox Boom... very nice. Thanks again for the pointer
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	recentfiles.png
Views:	409
Size:	69.6 KB
ID:	36005  
Attached Files
File Type: gz RecentFiles.tar.gz (588.6 KB, 339 views)

Last edited by Iņigo; 09-17-2009 at 12:22 PM. Reason: EDIT [2009/09/17]: Hansel likes screenshots
Old 09-17-2009, 05:34 AM   #57
hansel
JSR FFD2

Quote:
Find attached a small tool to help you mantain clean your recent files list.
Cool! It works. Is it intended as 'clear private data' function? Beautiful GUI btw, You should add a screenshot... It great to be able to build apps without compiling anything, he?

Quote:
(btw Hansel, there is a new lgob version released a few days ago... ;-)
I'll try to do a lgob update soon. It's motivating to see it used...
Old 09-17-2009, 12:43 PM   #58
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Cool! It works.
Of course! Iņigo, developing small, ugly, but running apps since ~1980 ;-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by hansel
Is it intended as 'clear private data' function?
Well, I often have to show the iLiad to surprised coworkers or friends, and my recent files list ends polluted with many not so interesting books...

Quote:
Beautiful GUI btw, You should add a screenshot... It great to be able to build apps without compiling anything, he?
Screenshot added.
Ok, lua is not as nice as python, specially gtk bindings look somehow strange... unpythonic I would dare to say ;-)

Quote:
I'll try to do a lgob update soon. It's motivating to see it used...
I have lot of ideas, but not time.
I don't know much about lua either, so these experiments look horrible, specially comparing with your MultiCalc clean sources, or my python code, for instance.
I'll clean and fix the app eventually.

Among these ideas:
* iLiad Toolbox: some small utilities, like this RecentFiles. Have any proposals?
* File Browser

Iņigo

PS. btw, know uzbl web browser?
Old 09-17-2009, 01:03 PM   #59
ericshliao
Guru
ericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enoughericshliao will become famous soon enough

Device: Dell X51v; iLiad v2
Quote:
PS. btw, know uzbl web browser?
Interesting. I don't know this browser until now.

Just had a browse. This is the dependencies:
git (for downloading)
pkgconfig (for Make/gcc)
libwebkit 1.1.4 or higher
libsoup 2.24 or higher (dep for webkit/gtk+)
gtk 2.14 or higher

It seems that all dependencies are met. I will try to build it when I have time.
ericshliao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 01:10 PM   #60
Iņigo
Guru

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericshliao View Post
Interesting. I don't know this browser until now.
[...]
It seems that all dependencies are met. I will try to build it when I have time.
It's popular on archlinux. Very easy and fast to build.

Anyway, its philosophy is pure DIY, even the key bindings have to be configured.
Tell me if you want to take a look at my config.

Iņigo

Tags
gtk+, iliad, lgob, lua, networking, xml