Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 01-20-2013, 05:25 AM   #1
aa0699
aa0699 began at the beginning.

Device: ipad2
show/hide controls in viewer

Hello

As of Release: 0.9.15 [18 Jan, 2013] there's a new feature to show/hide controls in viewer window. Problem is I can't find where it is.
Quote:
E-book viewer: Add an option to hide the toolbars in the viewer window (Preferences->Miscellaneous->Show controls in the viewr preferences). You can unhide them by right clicking in the viewer window.
Under Preferences>Miscellaneous I only see irrelevant options.
I'm on Win7 with Calibre portable just updated to this version.

Thanks.
aa0699 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:36 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
(Preferences->Miscellaneous->Show controls in the viewer preferences).
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 10:30 AM   #3
aa0699

Am i missing something?
Old 01-20-2013, 10:52 AM   #4
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa0699 View Post
Am i missing something?
Yes, Kovid referred you to the preferences for the ebook viewer not for calibre's main program, See attached. View a book then click on the preferences icon for the viewer.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ebookviewerpreferences.jpg
Views:	408
Size:	90.6 KB
ID:	99763  

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 01-20-2013 at 10:56 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 04:47 PM   #5
aa0699

I feel like a retard but I can't find that window.
Old 01-20-2013, 05:01 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by aa0699 View Post
I feel like a retard but I can't find that window.
Did you click the 'Gears' Icon in the E-Book Viewer, then look on the 'General' TAB

Or you could simply right-click inside the book viewing area: Show/Hide controls

BTW This seems the only way to Get the controls BACK
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 05:11 PM   #7
aa0699

I think that's the problem, I don't have a gear icon.
This is how books are appearing and what I see in right click menu:

Another thing, if I right click somewhere near the frame border I get this menu and which ever I click on it's only hiding top bar.
Old 01-20-2013, 06:09 PM   #8
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

What version does calibre show at the bottom of main screen

That choice: 9.15
Old 01-20-2013, 06:19 PM   #9
theducks
Well trained by Cats

It is Not there in The 64bit version
Old 01-20-2013, 08:48 PM   #10
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
It IS there in the 64 bit version!
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2013, 08:59 PM   #11
theducks
Well trained by Cats

OK, I went to the Preferences (It was there), and removed the Tick.

NOW it is available as a right-click
Old 01-20-2013, 10:47 PM   #12
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It is only available in the right click menu when the controls are hidden.

@aa: Find and delete the file viewer.json on your computer, that will restore the toolbars.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2013, 09:51 AM   #13
theducks
Well trained by Cats

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

@aa: Find and delete the file viewer.json on your computer, that will restore the toolbars.
Ah! makes sense
Old 01-25-2013, 07:03 AM   #14
aa0699

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post

tyvm sir this has solved my problem