Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 10-02-2010, 06:24 PM   #1
icewyche
Dark Queen of Bibliomanes
icewyche has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Sony PRS-650
Question New 650 - will I have to reinstall software?

I'm upgrading from the PRS-600 to the PRS-650 and was wondering: I have the latest version of the Reader Library Software with all my books and documents on it. Will I have to uninstall and reinstall it when the 650 gets here (on Wednesday! )? And if I do, will I have to reload all my books to the Library application? Some are on my computer since I got them off ManyBooks.net, but the ones I got at Borders, B&N, and the Sony Reader Store would have to be downloaded from their respective sites and that will be such a pain.

icewyche is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:26 PM   #2
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Welcome to MobileRead, icewyche

Someone should step in soon to help.
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-02-2010, 06:36 PM   #3
grooks
Wizard
grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.grooks can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Pocketbook Era, Kobo Forma
You will not need to re-download the Sony software nor will you need to re-download the books. The books (with DRM) that are in your Sony Reader software are registered to the account you created. Once your new 650 arrives, it will be a matter of registering the 650 to your account then all ebooks are good to put on and begin reading.
grooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #4
icewyche

Excellent. Thanks.
Old 10-03-2010, 05:19 AM   #5
ShellShock
Wizard
ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShellShock ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: IPad Mini 2 Retina
You might want to use Adobe Digital Editions (ADE) to authorise the reader. The Sony Reader Library only seems to allow you to authorise when you actually buy a new DRM book (at least I could not find a way to force it to authorise the reader). With ADE you can tell it to authorise your reader now. I think it is on the Library menu.
ShellShock is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-03-2010, 05:22 AM   #6
doreenjoy
01000100 01001010
doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.doreenjoy ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Polyamorous
Are your books from the Sony Store in LRX or EPUB format?

If they're LRX, you'll have to download the EPUB versions from the Store. You won't be able to authorize the Reader to read the LRX files.
doreenjoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2010, 02:43 PM   #7
icewyche

They're all in ePub or PDF - I don't like using proprietary formats if I don't have to.