Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 10-07-2013, 03:56 PM   #26446
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
Third tea.

I love the autumnal associations that pumpkins hold for me! But I can't stand their taste!
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #26447
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis (Gen3),Paperwhite (Gen10), Voyage, Paperwhite(orig), Fire HD 8
Cup is empty. Was Lion Mountain Keemun. Time to go look for some lunch and make some more tea...
CRussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-07-2013, 06:45 PM   #26448
CRussel
(he/him/his)
CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CRussel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Well the sun left and the rain is back. So, a couple of hobnobs and a mug of Puttabong Estate First Flush Darjeeling for our afternoon tea.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:00 PM   #26449
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-650, iPhone 5, Kobo Glo, Sony PRS-350, iPad, Samsung Galaxy
We stood in the windy city
The gypsy girl and I
We slept on the breeze in the midnight
With the rain droppin' tears in our eyes

And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say, "I'm too young
For I'm going to try for the sun"

We sang and cracked the sky with laughter
Our breath turned to mist in the colder
Our years put together count to thirty
But our eyes told the dawn that we were old

And who's going to be the one
To say it was no good what we done?
I dare a man to say, "I'm too young
For I'm going to try for the sun"

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SXOOlAtaFWM )

Good morning, everyone! Were we ever that young? Having flown too close to the sun several times, I wonder if perhaps I still am? But it's early morning now, so it's Taylors of Harrogate's "Yorkshire" tea to start the day, along with a veggie omelet. Music night tonight, and I've found a slew of old folk music I haven't played in years to bring along! Fun with Donovan and Woody!

Stitchawl
Stitchawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:54 AM   #26450
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Frozen Summit Oolong in my cup and some yogurt for breakfast. A good start to the day
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2013, 11:41 AM   #26451
cromag
Surfin the alpha waves ~~
cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cromag ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook Lite & Mini, Nook STR, Kobo, Hanvon N516, Kindle 2, Androids
First mug of tea.
cromag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 11:57 AM   #26452
CRussel
(he/him/his)

A large glass of fresh squeezed orange juice. Not sure where these Valencias are from, but they are WAY better than the Australian Navels I got the last time. Sweet and with good, dense flavour. Plus a much higher juice to fibre ratio. Yumm.

Now, for a mug of English Breakfast tea, and out to work on the Taj MaHen. Got to get it ready for poohbear_nc's visit. A new door, and if he sends me some karma I might even order up some new channels for the cable. Somehow, I suspect Animal Planet, Food Network, and The Curling Channel aren't quite his forte.
Old 10-08-2013, 12:44 PM   #26453
Stitchawl
Opsimath
Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Stitchawl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

A late night glass of rum, after one of the best evenings of music since I've been back. Everyone just 'clicked' tonight! Delta blues, Calypso, Bluegrass, Scottish ballads, Irish tunes, some Kingston Trio, some anti-war songs... the whole gamut from A to Z!

Stitchawl
Old 10-08-2013, 01:30 PM   #26454
dreams
It's about the umbrella
dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.dreams ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony 505| K Fire | KK 3G+Wi-Fi | iPhone 3Gs |Vista 32-bit Hm Prem w/FF
I do think a lot of the music from that era was pretty good; so much better than some of the themes of todays music. But, it could just be that it matched with our thinking and life at that time of our life much more so than the music now.

Still finishing off my morning coffee and thinking about something for breakfast.
dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 06:10 PM   #26455
Latinandgreek
Warrior Princess
Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Latinandgreek ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505; PRS-350, PRS-T1, iPad, Aura HD
I think I'm going to pour myself a late night glass of milk. Good-night all!
Latinandgreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2013, 07:27 PM   #26456
CRussel
(he/him/his)

The rework of the Taj MaHen went well this morning, and now gets CBC and HBO on the cable, as well as the Knowledge Network. The poohbear_nc should be happy when he comes to visit.

Lung Ching Dragonwell in my cup.
Old 10-08-2013, 09:20 PM   #26457
Stitchawl
Opsimath

There were three men came out of the west, their fortunes for to try
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn must die
They've plowed, they've sown, they've harrowed him in
Threw clods upon his head
And these three men made a solemn vow
John Barleycorn was dead

They've let him lie for a very long time, 'til the rains from heaven did fall
And little Sir John sprung up his head and so amazed them all
They've let him stand 'til Midsummer's Day 'til he looked both pale and wan
And little Sir John's grown a long long beard and so become a man

( https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=93mv8LPtmro )

Good morning, everyone! Happy Thursday! Busy day today, so tanking up on unbranded Keemun tea and two veggie omelets before heading out. Got a long 15km walk planned for this morning, chores to do along the way, then back home to figure out how to play this song. I know the chords but I don't have a good picking pattern for it, and that's an important part of this arrangement.

Stitchawl
Old 10-09-2013, 01:41 AM   #26458
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stitchawl View Post
A late night glass of rum, after one of the best evenings of music since I've been back. Everyone just 'clicked' tonight! Delta blues, Calypso, Bluegrass, Scottish ballads, Irish tunes, some Kingston Trio, some anti-war songs... the whole gamut from A to Z!

Stitchawl
you should video some of these sessions!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreams View Post
I do think a lot of the music from that era was pretty good; so much better than some of the themes of todays music. But, it could just be that it matched with our thinking and life at that time of our life much more so than the music now.

Still finishing off my morning coffee and thinking about something for breakfast.
I've never really been a "pop" music sort, listened to the Kingston Trio when my peers were grooving to the Rolling Stones. today I was subjected to a review of "The Sleigh Bells" during an NPR commentary. I thought my ears were going to bleed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRussel View Post
The rework of the Taj MaHen went well this morning, and now gets CBC and HBO on the cable, as well as the Knowledge Network. The poohbear_nc should be happy when he comes to visit.

Lung Ching Dragonwell in my cup.
PICS! or it doesn't exist!

cool well water and about to be some brandy
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 07:52 AM   #26459
ProfCrash
Tea Enthusiast
ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ProfCrash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle1, Kindle DX Graphite, K3 3G, IPad 3, PW2
Wuyi Shan Red Cape Oolong. Yummy.
ProfCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2013, 09:34 AM   #26460
Stitchawl
Opsimath

Quote:
Originally Posted by kindlekitten View Post
you should video some of these sessions!
We have. Absolutely horrible... Someone's wife used her phone to record one of our better tunes a few weeks ago... NOT a good idea. I guess there is valid reasoning behind having half a dozen mics and a good sound engineer on the board mixing them...

I'm drinking an after dinner Mango lassi, and trying to figure out why Steve Winwood can play 'John Barleycorn' so well and I can't...

Stitchawl

Tags
languages, tea enthusiasts, what is in your cup?