Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 09-14-2014, 10:10 AM   #106
takaya
takaya began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
What's the source of you epubs and are they getting put through Calibre/converted possibly to kepub? Check the file type under the title in the library. I tried several Gutenberg epubs I sideloaded on my Aura HD and it takes me to the end to the footnotes rather than pulling up a preview.
Mobi files converted to ePub... Curiosiously footnote preview is not available on Aura's latest fw, 3.80...
takaya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2014, 10:18 AM   #107
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by takaya View Post
Mobi files converted to ePub... Curiosiously footnote preview is not available on Aura's latest fw, 3.80...
No firmware version supports footnote preview in epubs. If you want this, you need to use kepubs.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2014, 04:20 PM   #108
takaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by davidfor View Post
No firmware version supports footnote preview in epubs. If you want this, you need to use kepubs.
It seems that there's a firmware version that supports footnote preview in my epubs... Unless both of us have a different meaning for footnote preview...
Old 09-14-2014, 05:30 PM   #109
robko
Wizard
robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.robko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo
The footnote preview is a window that pops up when you select the footnote. It has up to the first 6 or 7 lines of footnote text and a button to "see more" which takes you to the footnotes page (which really ends up being an endnote). Epubs take you to the footnotes page where you have more than one footnote showing.
I highly suspect that you are (or were) sending your books to the device from calibre as a kepub rather than an epub. True epubs have never had preview windows even in any of the beta versions I've seen (not all of which make it to public release).
robko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2014, 08:21 AM   #110
takaya

Quote:
Originally Posted by robko View Post
The footnote preview is a window that pops up when you select the footnote. It has up to the first 6 or 7 lines of footnote text and a button to "see more" which takes you to the footnotes page (which really ends up being an endnote). Epubs take you to the footnotes page where you have more than one footnote showing.
I highly suspect that you are (or were) sending your books to the device from calibre as a kepub rather than an epub. True epubs have never had preview windows even in any of the beta versions I've seen (not all of which make it to public release).
Ok, we have the same meaning for footnote preview! Anyway, I've converted my mobi files - I owned K3, KT and KPW, all of them given away to my family members - to epub set output file to "Kobo Reader" and then clicked on "send to device" icon...
Advert
Old 10-01-2014, 08:28 AM   #111
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I put the original card back in my black Mini (partition extended to 4gb), and it was on 2.6.1. Since the kids were hogging my PC where I keep my files, I turned on the wifi to see what it would do. It downloaded the 3.4.1 update and installed it with no issues. Love it! (Later, when the kids went to bed, I installed the correct Patch, and all is good). I use the full page numbers=true, love it.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo firmware.