Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Reading Recommendations > Book Clubs

Notices

Old 12-20-2012, 01:43 PM   #91
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
I had written some clarifications about the literary club, but sun surfer has the inside knowledge, so I won't muddy the waters anymore.

For the Lottery version 2, how about these rules?

Lottery (version 2)
Summary - The selected group member nominates a list of books for the group to vote on.
Nominations - Group members may only nominate themselves to the lottery and do not need to be seconded/thirded. The nomination period will be condensed to 4 days to allow the moderator 2 days to select the group member and the selected group member 4 days to provide their book nominations. This will keep the total nomination time at approximately the same length as a normal month. (Times based on December 2012 nomination period.)
Lottery Eligibility - Eligible group members are those who have not been selected as the lottery winner in the past year, AND have either:
  • made nominations in the month prior to the Lottery month and voted in that poll, OR,
  • voted in all of the polls during the previous three months whether or not you have made nominations.
Member Selection - The moderator will select the random member using an online random number generator and post the selected group member into the appropriate thread. Random number order will be the order they nominated themselves.
Book Nominations and Voting - The selected group member will provide a list of 3 to 7 books which will be voted on by the group as normal.

Is the number of books provided reasonable? I don't think we want to say "exactly 5" or allow it to be only 1 or allow them to post their entire to-be-read list.
Should eligibility be on the honor system to not burden WT Sharpe with extra work?
I'd like a set of rules that could fit on a t-shirt.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #92
Dazrin
Wizard
Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dazrin ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, various Android devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by WT Sharpe View Post
I'd like a set of rules that could fit on a t-shirt.
Sorry, I am at work, so my pedantic side comes out a little more.
Dazrin is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 02:35 PM   #93
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazrin View Post
Sorry, I am at work, so my pedantic side comes out a little more.
If it wins, we'll figure it out!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:09 PM   #94
issybird
o saeclum infacetum
issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.issybird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: H2O, Aura One, PW5
Quote:
Originally Posted by HomeInMyShoes View Post
One more nomination and we are one step closer to basking in orlok's wisdom! Actually issybird was high on my list too, but orlok nudged her out with a crazier diversity.
Now there's a challenge! I shall endeavor to be crazier and more diverse!
issybird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2012, 08:12 PM   #95
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

Since no one seems inclined to, or has any votes left to do so; I'll use my third and final vote to push Lottery: 2nd version into the fully nominated category.
Advert
Old 12-20-2012, 09:28 PM   #96
BaenSidhe
Groupie
BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BaenSidhe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-500 and PRS-650
Third young adult.
BaenSidhe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2012, 04:59 PM   #97
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!

The April Category Poll is online.