Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 07-02-2021, 12:51 AM   #1
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: multiple
How should I send 2 versions of the same pdf to the same device?

e.g. I want to compare the results when using different pre-processing settings.

In the past, I'd added the pre-processing settings to the title, but that was a pain.

So now I've added a suffix column, and added the pre-processing info there, and set the following template:

{#genre}/{#prefix:|| }{title}{#suffix:| |}

But when I send one version, Calibre removes the other.
MarjaE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2021, 01:41 AM   #2
MarjaE
Guru
MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MarjaE ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

P.S. I see it's *still* dropping the space between prefix and title, and it's dropping the suffix. So it fails to distinguish the files because it failt to include the info that I've adde4d to distinguish them.

I went over the explanation of the template syntax, but I guess I misinterpreted it...

The explanation here implies that Calibre will include any spaces in the original template, but practice shows Calibre will drop the spaces, which is why I've used the weird pipe stuff to add the spaces, and found it still drops the spaces.

https://manual.calibre-ebook.com/template_lang.html

Last edited by MarjaE; 07-02-2021 at 01:43 AM.
Advert
Old 07-02-2021, 02:49 AM   #3
MarjaE
Guru

I had a hidden device setting overriding that general setting. I'm not sure how to find and delete the relevant device settings.
Old 07-02-2021, 03:01 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by MarjaE View Post
I had a hidden device setting overriding that general setting. I'm not sure how to find and delete the relevant device settings.
So the above template was on the "Sending books to devices" page of the preferences? In that case, the save template will be on the configuration of the driver used for your device. You can check them in the Plugins page of the preferences, but sometimes it isn't obvious which it is. I would suggest connecting the device and right-clicking the device button when calibre has finished finding the books. Then choose the "Configure this device" option. That will show the configuration for the current device. You might need to do this for each of your devices that you want to use this save template with. But, the two Kindles might use the same configuration.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 06:34 PM   #5
MarjaE
Guru

Thank you, that solved that.
Advert

Tags
bugs, calibre, pdf and calibre