Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Introduce Yourself

Notices

Old 09-15-2009, 10:03 PM   #1
Bara
Bara began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-300
Hi, new PRS-300 user having difficulty

Hi, I'm a lucky dog who recieved a PRS-300 for his birthday and I'm having some problems getting the EBL 3.0 software to download from the Sony website? Is this common or am I just unlucky/a duffus? Is this software even necessary to use the PRS-300? I have been buying books online from the Baen website for the last 2.5 years or so and reading them online to keep from bringing more paper books into my house. Thanks in advance for any info.

Well I guess I'm just unlucky. I was able to download the software after a few more tries and it installed into Vista smoothly.

Last edited by Bara; 09-15-2009 at 10:15 PM.
Bara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2009, 10:31 PM   #2
Superlucky
Fanatic
Superlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toysSuperlucky shares his or her toys

Device: PRS-505, PRS-350
Hi Bara, welcome to MR. You are a lucky guy.

My advice? Don't us the Sony software (except for buying books through the Sony store). Download and use calibre. It was created by one of our own (kovidgoyal) and it does everything.
Superlucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2009, 07:43 PM   #3
Bara

Hmm, yes the difference in using the Sony website to DL and install 2 e-books and doing the same for 195 other books on the Baen website is night and day. Baen was boring to repeat so many times but there was zero frustration and the Sony site was 100% frustrating, slow, and agravating. How the heck do they figure they can make money selling e-books with such a lame web shopping experience.
Btw, I'm loving my new reader. Thank goodness I'm NOT limited to Sony's website for buying.
Old 09-17-2009, 09:41 AM   #4
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, Bara!

Calibre is definitely the way to go! I don't buy books from Sony because of the proprietary DRM so I don't have any experience with downloading from them but I do think the Ebook Library software is a pain to use. Good luck.

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2009, 03:43 PM   #5
ShortNCuddlyAm
WWHALD
ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ShortNCuddlyAm ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad. Selling my silver 505 here
Welcome to Mobile Read
ShortNCuddlyAm is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-18-2009, 03:28 AM   #6
Bara

Yep, I've downloaded Calibre and am now busily exploring all its tools and features. I love the stuff I'v found so far.