Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 07-13-2012, 06:00 AM   #1
fipskl
fipskl began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Problem with Calibre 0.8.60

Hi,

I have a custom column in my Calibre library where I used to store dates about the origination of the books.

Since I installed version 0.8.60 I am no longer able to input data into that column - all input falls back to "0" (rarely to "-1"). I thought it had to do with the formatting of the column, but it's formatted as text (as it should), and anyway the program doesn't allow me to change the column format.

So I went back to 0.8.59.

Thought I tell it here.

Kind regards
fipskl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
This is a text column? Or a numeric column? Try pressing Esc after you finish typing, to close the autocomplete window, if you press enter then the selected autocomplete entry will be used.

Last edited by kovidgoyal; 07-13-2012 at 07:05 AM.
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 07:46 AM   #3
fipskl

Yes, it's a text column. And it's not a problem with autocompletion. I fact, autocompletion was possible with 0.8.60, but trying to input new values resulted in "0".

As soon as I reverted to 0.8.59, all was fine again.

Regards
Old 07-13-2012, 08:30 AM   #4
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EE, Note 8
Same issue with a custom text column; ESC does not accept entered information and results with an entry of -1; ENT results in 0.
Gunnerp245 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 09:41 AM   #5
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

We'll have to wait for chaley, custom columns are his bailiwick. I tried creating a custom text column and entered 1982 into it, it worked for me.
Advert
Old 07-13-2012, 09:59 AM   #6
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak
Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Gunnerp245 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update: Data can be entered correctly from the Edit Metadata page but 'not' from the main GUI screen.

Edit Added:

Custom Column definition:
- Lookup name: char; Column heading: Main Character - Column Type "Text, column shown in the tag browser"
- Lookup name: rem; Column heading: Remarks; Column Type "Text, column shown in the tag browser"

1. From the GUI; Main Characters - Quinn; Remarks - 1982
Results:

2. In the Edit Metadata page; Main Characters - Quinn; Remarks - 1982
Results:

3. The GUI.
Results:

Last edited by Gunnerp245; 07-14-2012 at 08:18 AM.
Old 07-13-2012, 10:12 AM   #7
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
@kovid: the problem is the delegate gui2.library.delegates.py. It is confused because the underlying widget is now a combobox. I have a fix and will push it in a few minutes after I check to see if there are other delegates I need to change.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 12:31 PM   #8
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

I'll release a rebuild of 0.8.60 with the fix in a couple of hours (it would be sooner, except that my f**** internet connection has an upload bandwidth of 50KB/s).
Old 07-13-2012, 01:33 PM   #9
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre

Uploaded. Note that there is still a minor glitch, in that editing a text column that contains a value that is only numbers in the main book list will cause it to be initially blank, but it wil accept new values. That glitch will be fixed in the next release.
Old 07-13-2012, 03:13 PM   #10
fipskl

Thank you for acting so rapidly.
Old 07-14-2012, 08:49 AM   #11
Gunnerp245
Gadget Freak

@kovid

Works like a charm!
Old 07-14-2012, 12:56 PM   #12
TGinAZ
TGinAZ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
THANKS!

WOW! A work-around and a fix.... I am so totally blown away with the program and the support. You folks are awesome!
TGinAZ is offline   Reply With Quote