Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 08-05-2011, 03:33 PM   #1
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
borders question

sorry if this is the wrong place to post this question

For people who have went through a complete closing of their border store what was the lowest percentage that the ereaders went down to? At my store they are currently 25% off and I hoping to wait it out to at least 40% really would love 50% off. Do you think that if no one buys the ereaders they well sell them at 50% off?
thank you
tasha
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 04:22 PM   #2
Rainmaker
Zealot
Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.Rainmaker can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Kindle 3G
I don't they are doing bad in the sales.
The problem is competition, which such a new market, where having a reliable technology, and good craftmanship (bad plastic is bad), it where the cookie crumbles.
It happened with Kindle, having to drop its price to $139 for non-ads after Nook or Kobo got out an eReader at $120 or so.

Its gonna happen the same as it has happened with cellphones... people will buy a new one because it has "cutting edge technology", but not because their previous eReader broke or its technological speaking obsolete.
Rainmaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-05-2011, 04:35 PM   #3
RainingLemur
Spork Connoisseur
RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RainingLemur ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Color
I went to the closest one last weekend, and the highest I saw was 30% which was for an open-box model. I mean, the packaging was completely destroyed. It was held together with packing-tape and a prayer. Everything else was 15% to 25% off.
RainingLemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2011, 08:59 PM   #4
tubemonkey
monkey on the fringe
tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tubemonkey ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Moto E6, Echo Show
They got as low as 40% before selling out. Waiting for 50% might see you missing out. When they hit 40%, I asked about quantities on hand and they told me. That's when I jumped on a Sony 350; because they didn't have many left. They had twice as many Kobos as they did Sonys. I told a friend who went the next day to get a Sony and she said the Kobos were completely sold out and there were only a few Sonys left.
tubemonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 03:00 AM   #5
soondai
Guru
soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.soondai ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite
The Kobos were the last to go at my local Borders last round. They got down to 40 dollars for the wifi model toward the end before they sold out. So that was 60 percent off. Saw plenty of reports here of the same at the time.

I went by the Borders in El Segundo Sunday and it looked like they were all out of Kobo touches (and maybe Sonys). They had a lot of the Kobo wifis, but were still asking 75 dollars for them.
soondai is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-06-2011, 03:28 AM   #6
TASHAGIPSON
TASHAGIPSON began at the beginning.

Device: edge
Thank you for all your replies. I glad there is some hope of getting one for at least 40% off.
TASHAGIPSON is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2011, 06:24 PM   #7
Pinecone
Guru
Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Pinecone ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-650, PRS-600, PRS-350
You have to go in each day and hope they go down before they sell out.

I went into a Borders today. They had the PRS-350 at 25% off. The tag said 1 left, they actually had 3 in the box and the demo. I asked the guy when they would go down again, he said they find out late the night before.

I bought one as a backup for my PRS-650.
Pinecone is offline   Reply With Quote