Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > News

Notices

Old 12-06-2010, 02:30 PM   #1
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: jetBook, iPhone, JETBOOK COLOR!!
jetBook helping Authors get noticed

Did anyone catch this PR release from Ectaco about authors' books getting put on the jetBooks at no cost??

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-relea...105263358.html

The last thing i wrote was ABCB poetry for my 4th grade English class but i'm sure some of the people here would be interested in something like this so check the link above folks!!
LuBiB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2010, 07:56 PM   #2
GA Russell
Montreal wins Grey Cup!
GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GA Russell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Kindles 10 & 4 and jetBook Lite
That's a great idea for them to do that! It helps put them on the map in author's minds, as well as introducing authors to jetBook buyers.

I would think that authors who offered their works for free during Read an eBook Week might be interested.
GA Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-06-2010, 08:43 PM   #3
LuBiB
Banned
LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LuBiB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GA Russell View Post
That's a great idea for them to do that! It helps put them on the map in author's minds, as well as introducing authors to jetBook buyers.

I would think that authors who offered their works for free during Read an eBook Week might be interested.
it def is a good idea and i'm surprised people didnt catch on to this earlier.

its a great opportunity for authors to get involved and the jetBook mini to get the works out.
Old 12-07-2010, 12:37 PM   #4
X read X
Banned
X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.X read X ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Jetbook, iPhone 4, Jetbook Color.
I think i saw something about that on the Ectaco forums. Its interesting idea, i wonder why they wouldn't charge for it though. I would think that if i'm an author i would pay big $ to get my book as one of the preloaded on any eReader.
X read X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2010, 11:33 PM   #5
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
Quote:
Originally Posted by X read X View Post
I think i saw something about that on the Ectaco forums. Its interesting idea, i wonder why they wouldn't charge for it though. I would think that if i'm an author i would pay big $ to get my book as one of the preloaded on any eReader.
If you were an author, you wouldn't have big bucks to pay to do this. No, I don't think they'd get too many professional authors to pay. But to do it as a free exchange, that's another matter. I've just sent them an email.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-10-2010, 01:54 PM   #6
LuBiB
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by starrigger View Post
If you were an author, you wouldn't have big bucks to pay to do this. No, I don't think they'd get too many professional authors to pay. But to do it as a free exchange, that's another matter. I've just sent them an email.
i think thats exactly it, they're trying to support authors to get noticed for free.

now that is a very noble approach to help writers.
Old 12-10-2010, 05:48 PM   #7
starrigger
Jeffrey A. Carver
starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.starrigger ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Lenovo Yoga Tab Plus, Droid phone, Nook HD+
It's a nice thing to do for authors, but it's also a good marketing move for them. Buy this device and it's already got cool stuff to read on it. Win/win.
starrigger is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
authors, books, jetbook, published