Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Announcements

Notices

Old 05-14-2010, 10:27 AM   #91
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mare of Earth View Post
I would like my iPad engraved with "MobileRead.com gave me this because I am awesome. Where's yours?"

*winks*
No fair! Flirting, winking, and other forms of bribery are not allowed!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:19 PM   #92
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
No fair! Flirting, winking, and other forms of bribery are not allowed!
What about all of those wet doggie kisses?
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:28 PM   #93
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
would you want a wet doggie kiss ?
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 01:48 PM   #94
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Here's a link to a gorgeous demonstration...

yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:00 PM   #95
GeoffC
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

You Rotter - you posted that on purpose !!!!!
Old 05-14-2010, 02:17 PM   #96
vivaldirules
When's Doughnut Day?
vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.vivaldirules ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-505, iPad
Pretty nice, but no pressure sensitivity and I don't think I'd like trying to draw with my finger. Still, it looks fast and I could probably have a lot of fun with it. Hmmm. Maybe my daughters wouldn't actually want one and I could just keep it for myself. Sssshhhhh!
vivaldirules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 02:38 PM   #97
yvanleterrible
Reborn Paper User
yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.yvanleterrible ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone8, iPad Air
Quote:
Originally Posted by vivaldirules View Post
Pretty nice, but no pressure sensitivity and I don't think I'd like trying to draw with my finger. Still, it looks fast and I could probably have a lot of fun with it. Hmmm. Maybe my daughters wouldn't actually want one and I could just keep it for myself. Sssshhhhh!
You have pressure sensitivity. The screen senses how "wide" your finger touches. If you press your finger tip becomes bigger. It's a whole new way of doing.
yvanleterrible is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 03:57 PM   #98
Crowl
Wizard
Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Crowl ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage, PW Signature edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexander Turcic View Post
The survey will close at 11:59pm EDT Friday, May 21st, and one winner will be chosen at random. Thanks and good luck all!

Link to the survey: https://www.mobileread.com/survey2010

Prize restriction: Subject to the availability of the Apple iPad in your country. Sorry guys!
Does this restriction mean at the date of drawing i.e. only american-based repliers can get one or will you also be including the first batch of international countries too?

Given the benefits of this site I am sure most will complete it anyway, but if you do mean the former then it would be nice to be clear about that and not go for the weasel words phrasing.
Crowl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:02 PM   #99
kidtwisted
kidtwisted began at the beginning.

Device: JetBook-Lite
Ectaco's JetBook not on list, it must have increased in popularity since the release of the "Lite".

anyways - crossing my fingers

Last edited by kidtwisted; 05-14-2010 at 05:30 PM.
kidtwisted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 05:48 PM   #100
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crowl View Post
Does this restriction mean at the date of drawing i.e. only american-based repliers can get one or will you also be including the first batch of international countries too?

Given the benefits of this site I am sure most will complete it anyway, but if you do mean the former then it would be nice to be clear about that and not go for the weasel words phrasing.
No weasel words phrasing intended. The answer is: the date is not set in stone. If you win and if the iPad is about to be launched in your country (with some official word from Apple), then of course you'll qualify.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 07:38 PM   #101
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Quote:
No weasel words phrasing intended. The answer is: the date is not set in stone. If you win and if the iPad is about to be launched in your country (with some official word from Apple), then of course you'll qualify.
Yay!

Not long to wait for mine then
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 PM   #102
Logseman
Orisa
Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Logseman ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Onyx Poke 5
The iPad is a mere decoy to the real objective of detecting the Amazon spies. This is indeed harder than the Spring Contest... since THE TRAITORS ARE AMONG US!!!
Logseman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 10:16 AM   #103
norciom
ego Alpha et Omega
norciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-booksnorciom has learned how to read e-books

Device: Pocketbook 360
Quote:
Color me confused. I can buy one from a legal, known store in my city, but if my country is not officially on the Apple list there is no way to get my hands on the prize?
norciom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2010, 11:28 AM   #104
GeoffC

hopefully worms cans open won't ....
Old 05-15-2010, 11:35 AM   #105
Alexander Turcic
Fully Converged
Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Alexander Turcic ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by norciom View Post
... but if my country is not officially on the Apple list there is no way to get my hands on the prize?
Exactly. Whether grey imports are legal or not in your country is not relevant; the iPad needs to be available through official channels.
Alexander Turcic is offline   Reply With Quote