Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre Companion

Notices

Old 01-07-2013, 02:54 PM   #16
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by missmoneypennie View Post
Hi Charles

We have a result, I did the ping check which showed I have basic connectivity so I disabled the ESET firewall and it worked. I have now got my selected books on my Nexus. I will just need to remember to temporarily disable the firewall when I want to connect to my device.

Thanks for your patience.

Kindest regards
Julie
Just set your firewall to allow incoming on port 9090
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2013, 04:00 PM   #17
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Hi Charles

We have a result, I did the ping check which showed I have basic connectivity so I disabled the ESET firewall and it worked. I have now got my selected books on my Nexus. I will just need to remember to temporarily disable the firewall when I want to connect to my device.

Thanks for your patience.

Kindest regards
Julie
Glad you got it working. This networking stuff is a never-ending challenge.

There has to be a way to tell ESET that calibre is permitted to receive connections. Perhaps as theducks says, opening a port? Or perhaps it is application based, so you tell it that calibre is OK? Somehow!
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 03:36 PM   #18
missmoneypennie
missmoneypennie began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Thanks theducks and chaley but I have no idea how to set my firewall to allow port 9090 or calibre application. Any ideas?
missmoneypennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:00 PM   #19
chaley
Grand Sorcerer
chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.chaley ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
Quote:
Thanks theducks and chaley but I have no idea how to set my firewall to allow port 9090 or calibre application. Any ideas?
Do these directions help? I don't know if they apply to your version.
chaley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 04:40 PM   #20
missmoneypennie
missmoneypennie began at the beginning.

Device: Nexus 7
Perfect, worked brilliantly. Many thanks.
missmoneypennie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 04:32 AM   #21
dewisant
dewisant began at the beginning.

Device: Galaxy Tab 2
Hi everyone, I'm new and I've just taken out a phone contract with a free Tab 2, mainly to use as a book reader. I'm new to Android and I was hoping to use Calibre as it's on my pc. I downloaded Calibre Companion but because I use ESET I couldn't get it to work, no matter what I tried. Eventually I found this thread and the link to Micro Center. Hey presto, no more problems.
dewisant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2013, 04:41 AM   #22
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Welcome to Mobileread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dewisant View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by chaley View Post
Do these directions help? I don't know if they apply to your version.
I downloaded Calibre Companion but because I use ESET I couldn't get it to work, no matter what I tried. Eventually I found this thread and the link to Micro Center. Hey presto, no more problems.
I'm glad you got it to work and that you pointed out what helped you.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 05-08-2013 at 04:45 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote