Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 05-14-2012, 07:18 AM   #436
wyndslash
Wizard
wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wyndslash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3 wifi, Kindle Fire
can i have calibre send newspaper feeds to the KF?
wyndslash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2012, 01:59 PM   #437
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Yes you can as long as you give Calibre the correct email address for your Fire.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-18-2012, 02:47 PM   #438
maha
maha began at the beginning.

Device: kindle fire
Hello, I just got a kindle fire as a Bday gift. Wondering if I can read ebooks inarabic using my kindle fire. What are the steps / the software I need to install to configure it to read arabic .
Have a nice day all
maha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 07:03 AM   #439
Jesver
Jesver began at the beginning.

Device: ipad, Kindle, Nook, kobo
video in kindle fire

Hi,

I try to view my mp4 in kindlefire via mobi file. but it is not supported. Anyone can tell the details of this.
Jesver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2012, 05:52 AM   #440
Xeddicus
Xeddicus began at the beginning.

Device: none
You're going to have to restate your problem. It supports mobi and mp4, but those are 2 different types of files...
Xeddicus is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-08-2012, 06:13 AM   #441
assiris
assiris began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3G
BUG Search and Replace

In Search / Replace Edit Definition can not convert UPPERCASE characters. Example: Regular expression is "Æ" or "A" and should be replaced with "S" and "T" for conversion shall be taken out only lowercase characters, meaning "æ" and that "å". What to do?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BUG.jpg
Views:	592
Size:	293.2 KB
ID:	92001  
assiris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2012, 09:38 PM   #442
NightBird
Wizard
NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.NightBird ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: KPW, KF, KF HD, iPod Touch
Deleted - posted in wrong thread. Oops.
NightBird is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:04 AM   #443
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
On the KFHD - does anyone know if it's possible to get flash 11.1 to work with Dolphin HD browser? (I was trying to play Angry Birds friends on facebook in my browser and it just shows me an error that says I need Flash 11.1 - which I've already installed) Is there a trick to get browser to recognize that Flash is installed - do you have to restart entire device (and btw- how do you do that on the HD, is it similar to a K3 keyboard where you press and hold the power button for 30 seconds - is there a restart command hidden in a setting menu somewhere??)

Thanks for any help!
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 09:23 AM   #444
DustyDisks
Old Fart In Training
DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DustyDisks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3+3g/KFHD 7"/Nexus 7/Nexus 7.2
Go into your Dolphin settings, under web content you should find the flash player preference, you have three choices, always on, on demand or off. I leave mine set to always on.

There is also a enable java script choice.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Holding the power switch for 20-30 seconds does the trick, for a restart.
DustyDisks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-15-2012, 03:21 PM   #445
jer989
Enthusiast
jer989 doesn't litterjer989 doesn't litter

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by DustyDisks View Post
Go into your Dolphin settings, under web content you should find the flash player preference, you have three choices, always on, on demand or off. I leave mine set to always on.

There is also a enable java script choice.

Hope this helps.

Edit: Holding the power switch for 20-30 seconds does the trick, for a restart.
Thanks for you suggestion. I did actually check to make sure that it was set to always on - and I believe java script was checked as enabled. Maybe I'll try to do a restart and see if that fixes things. Thanks.
jer989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2012, 07:11 PM   #446
innisduff
innisduff began at the beginning.

Device: kindle 3
Kindle Fire hd version7.2.0

just received above kindle. Have media player 11 windows xp and have done plugin tweak and calibre will not recognise it. cannot find any setting for wireless connection on kindle fire what should i do
innisduff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2012, 03:40 PM   #447
Eweforia
Eweforia began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Fire 1
Kindle Fire 2 compared to Kindle Fire 1

I bought a new Kindle Fire 2 this week and planned to give my Kindle Fire 1 to my mom. Now I've changed my mind. I seriously do not like the KF2. Its carousel is huge and you can really only see one app at a time. I have to press a star icon to get to the Favorites list instead of seeing it at the bottom of my screen. And many of my favorite KF1 apps are no longer available to download to the KF2, so I can't get the new one loaded to work like the old one. For instance, last year when I first started using my KF1, I learned everything I needed to know from Blossom. She steered me to two apps, Lock Screen and WiFi Screen Switch. The Lock Screen app won't work at all on the KF2 (a waste of $1.99), and the WifiScreen Switch is no longer available. I loaded a similar free app, but even when added to the Favorites panel, the app requires two more clicks to turn off WiFi.

Perhaps if I was into speed games, I might appreciate the additional processing speed and RAM that the KF2 has a bit more, but doing what I do on the Kindle, I just don't see any difference between the KF1 and KF2. If speed and better sound were important, I would have purchased the KFHD.So I'm giving the new unit to my mom and I'm sticking with my old one.

Has anyone who has a KF1 started using the KF2? If so, how is it working out for you?
Eweforia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 05:17 AM   #448
Andy_T
Evangelist
Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Andy_T ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPod touch, iPhone, iPad, Kindle KB, NT, Fire, PW II
Eweforia,

To be honest, I do not see many compelling reasons to upgrade the KF1 to KF2.
Actually, *I* would have a compelling reason, as I am living in Europe and the KF1 is not supported in Europe (appstore does not work etc., so I still have mine linked to www.Amazon.com) but with the KF2 I could access the European appstore etc.

Nevertheless, if I decided to upgrade, I would most likely go for the HD version.

Best regards,
Andy
Andy_T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:09 PM   #449
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eweforia View Post
For instance, last year when I first started using my KF1, I learned everything I needed to know from Blossom. She steered me to two apps, Lock Screen and WiFi Screen Switch. The Lock Screen app won't work at all on the KF2 (a waste of $1.99), and the WifiScreen Switch is no longer available. I loaded a similar free app, but even when added to the Favorites panel, the app requires two more clicks to turn off WiFi.
You can get the WiFi app at 1Mobile. Developer changed the name so I guess I need to update the link.

Personally I saw no need to upgrade. Instead I bought a new case for my Kindle Fire 1 now it feels all new again. The only way I would upgrade is if they gave it collections or fixed the cover bug but didn't give the KFv1 those features. One reason I didn't upgrade is they removed my favorite font from the Reading app.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2012, 02:16 PM   #450
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
I have played with the Fire 2 a bit, while setting it up for my little girl. I am quite happy with my Fire 1, though. It does what I want it to do. I have no desire to get another Fire.
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote