Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > General Discussions

Notices

Old 04-12-2011, 10:48 AM   #16
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
Quote:
Originally Posted by unicorn1 View Post
You have the nerve to call me a greedy b*tch and I'm childish?? haha! Too funny!!
Please show me where anyone used the words "greedy b*tch."

If you can so mischaracterize the words used here, I wonder how severely you have mischaracterized Kobo's responses to your ranting and sense of entitlement.
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:55 AM   #17
unicorn1
unicorn1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
post removed

Last edited by unicorn1; 04-20-2011 at 12:22 PM.
unicorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 10:56 AM   #18
Catlady
Grand Sorcerer
Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Catlady ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Fire, Kindle Paperwhite, AGPTek Bluetooth Clip
You do make a lot of assumptions, don't you?
Catlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 10:58 AM   #19
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Oh, I read that part about figuring out the word, but some actually have a slightly larger vocabulary and are able to use the language with a little more finesse, so even derogative can be more "classy".

(I'm not one of those people when it comes to English, but in my native language I can think of a dozen things to go after that "greedy" )

Last edited by Asawi; 04-12-2011 at 11:01 AM.
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:09 AM   #20
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Cybooks; Sony PRS-T1
Quote:
Because it's a website. Websites glitch. It would be nice if online credit transactions worked as smoothly as in-person cash transactions, but they don't.
True, bugs happens.
But, it's kobo's responsibility to make sure the website answers properly. Paying for the second card would have been a nice gesture from them.
Reading unicorn1's note about not deleting it, would have been a good idea. Send back an e-mail saying "sorry, we can't repay you the gift card, what do we do ?" would have been better.

Last edited by EowynCarter; 04-12-2011 at 11:16 AM.
EowynCarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-12-2011, 11:17 AM   #21
Worldwalker
Curmudgeon
Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Worldwalker ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Asawi View Post
Oh, I read that part about figuring out the word, but some actually have a slightly larger vocabulary and are able to use the language with a little more finesse, so even derogative can be more "classy".
That was actually a bit of a Rorschach inkblot -- what word one fills in says a lot about the person doing the filling in. I do find unicorn1's choice of word quite interesting (and not at all the one I had in mind).

Oh, for those following the forum drama at home: EowynCarter disagrees with my opinion about other people's design decisions on certain software, so he's apparently now following me around and disagreeing with me. Don't take it as meaning anything; I don't.
Worldwalker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:23 AM   #22
Asawi
Gadgetoholic
Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Asawi ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2, Tolino Vision 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Worldwalker View Post
That was actually a bit of a Rorschach inkblot -- what word one fills in says a lot about the person doing the filling in. I do find unicorn1's choice of word quite interesting
LOL! That was my thought as well! Told me a lot...
Asawi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:27 AM   #23
wvcherrybomb
Sharp Shootin' Grandma
wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.wvcherrybomb ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Kindle Fire, Literati (has been adopted by my daughter)
I had something similar happen when ordering a Straight Talk phone for my son from their website. The site kept giving me error messages that the order didn't go through and I ended up ordering the same phone three times.

After calling, they canceled two of the orders for me and I was happy. It never occured to me to ask to be compensated in any way. Maybe I should have demanded a free phone for my trouble.

If this would have happened sending my mom a gift card, I would have just called her and told her what happened. She wouldn't have thought a thing of it.

It IS, however, annoying that they canceled the second card after they were clearly told not to. I think they were not sure exactly what you DID want them to do about it. The communication both ways could have been much more clear.
wvcherrybomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:39 AM   #24
EowynCarter
Wizard
EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.EowynCarter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Oh, for those following the forum drama at home: EowynCarter disagrees with my opinion about other people's design decisions on certain software, so he's apparently now following me around and disagreeing with me. Don't take it as meaning anything; I don't.
That have absolutely noting to do with it.
Canceling the gift card when the customer has clearly said NOT to, is bad customer service. Period. Maybe unicorn would have rather left the gift card alone, even if he couldn't get a refund.

Oh, FYI, I'm a girl.
Old 04-12-2011, 11:42 AM   #25
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Play nicely children ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 11:45 AM   #26
EowynCarter
Wizard

Worldwalker is the one pushing issues that don't belong in this topic. Not even in this sub-forum actually.
Old 04-12-2011, 12:11 PM   #27
CWatkinsNash
IOC Chief Archivist
CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.CWatkinsNash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Meebook M7, Paperwhite 2021, Fire HD 8+, Fire HD 10+, Lenovo Tab P12
LOL. Not directed at anyone, just LOL. See, 10 hours ago I had a fever nearing 104 deg F. I wake up, less feverish but still quite ill, then come on here to find Worldwalker defending the actions of a DRM-infested bookseller. Combine that with the news story on TV a moment ago about a truckload of cat litter getting dumped on the interstate in West Nashville, and I (just for a moment, mind you) started believing I had damaged my brain. After all, I did spend most of the early morning hours thrashing about, dreaming that I was trapped in a hidden object game while a talking mouse tried to set my hair on fire.

Now that I'm certain that I'm actually entrenched in reality again... I'm pretty much with Cherry on this. It stinks that it wasn't handled perfectly, but expecting them to remedy a site error with a free $50 seems a bit much to me.

Okay, I'm going back to sipping my Sickbed Mimosas (orange juice and ginger ale).
CWatkinsNash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:28 PM   #28
covingtoncat73
Wizard
covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.covingtoncat73 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Lenovo Duet Chromebook, Moto e
Um...it was their mistake and they fixed it. Why should you (or your Mom) get an extra $50 out of the deal? Your Mom would've known you only spent $50 if she had gotten the single gift card you meant to buy. I am with some of the others here. You getting $38 worth of books was plenty and more than enough. I'd have been happy if they just cancelled the second gift card, which they did for you.
covingtoncat73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:48 PM   #29
unicorn1
unicorn1 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 650
post removed

Last edited by unicorn1; 04-20-2011 at 12:22 PM.
unicorn1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 03:58 PM   #30
Fayth
Zealot
Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.Fayth is no ebook tyro.

Device: Sony PRS 350
I read the post, thoroughly, and all the posts in this thread. I agree with the posters who think you are expecting too much. Also, I find it very strange that there would be an issue in just telling your mom "they billed my credit card twice accidentally". Sure, it was an inconvenience, but expecting to get 50 dollars for it is unrealistic.
Fayth is offline   Reply With Quote