Old 07-28-2015, 05:08 AM   #1
nferia
Freakishly Shy
nferia began at the beginning.

Device: samsung galaxy lite 3
Exclamation Kobo PC connection issues?

Hi there.
As you likely can tell, I am new here.

I am having issues with my Kobo Arc, when I plug it into my pc (windows 8.1 atm), I am able to charge it however, it will not open or communicate with my pc.

Example, like a flash drive, you plug it in, and a folder (or popup) opens, asking what you would like to do or, shows you a list of what is on your Kobo (or flash drive).

As mentioned, I am able to charge it, so I do not think it is the cord it's self, and it is not my USB ports, as I have tested them all, and all my other USB items work properly in them, also I have checked my disk management and everything is healthy.

In my disk management, and Device Manager, everything is in working order, no "?" or, triangled exclamation points, and when I have the other items plugged in, example being my camera or, my flash drive, they show up on the lists however, not the Kobo who is sitting here, plugged in, and charging without issue.

As you can see, I have been trying hard all night to get this to work..
All my research has brought me here, to all you, hopefully, friendly folks.

I love my Kobo, it is like a third arm to me.. I go everywhere with this thing.
Please, if you can offer any advice or, possibly a solution, or... anything.. that would be awesome.

I would hate to have to give up, and ditch it.

nferia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
Calenorn
Brash Fumbler
Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Calenorn ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: NST, Kobo Mini
Quote:
Originally Posted by nferia View Post
Hi there.
As you likely can tell, I am new here.

I am having issues with my Kobo Arc, when I plug it into my pc (windows 8.1 atm), I am able to charge it however, it will not open or communicate with my pc.

Example, like a flash drive, you plug it in, and a folder (or popup) opens, asking what you would like to do or, shows you a list of what is on your Kobo (or flash drive).

As mentioned, I am able to charge it, so I do not think it is the cord it's self, and it is not my USB ports, as I have tested them all, and all my other USB items work properly in them, also I have checked my disk management and everything is healthy.

In my disk management, and Device Manager, everything is in working order, no "?" or, triangled exclamation points, and when I have the other items plugged in, example being my camera or, my flash drive, they show up on the lists however, not the Kobo who is sitting here, plugged in, and charging without issue.

As you can see, I have been trying hard all night to get this to work..
All my research has brought me here, to all you, hopefully, friendly folks.

I love my Kobo, it is like a third arm to me.. I go everywhere with this thing.
Please, if you can offer any advice or, possibly a solution, or... anything.. that would be awesome.

I would hate to have to give up, and ditch it.

I don't have an Arc, but on my old Mini I have to select "Connect" on the ereader's screen before it talks to the PC. So look at the reader screen as well as at the PC monitor.
Calenorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 09:28 AM   #3
mkeles84
Enthusiast
mkeles84 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura/Glo/Kindle PW2
Have you tried your USB Cable with another device and successful communicate with PC?
I have a USB Cable like this. It works by charching but not sending file to PC.

Last edited by mkeles84; 07-28-2015 at 11:09 AM.
mkeles84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2015, 01:03 PM   #4
nferia
Freakishly Shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Calenorn View Post
I don't have an Arc, but on my old Mini I have to select "Connect" on the ereader's screen before it talks to the PC. So look at the reader screen as well as at the PC monitor.
Hey there, I do not have anything pop up on my screen. As far as I know, I never did.
I connected my daughters tablet to the port, and I also used her cable for my kobo. Her tablet worked fine but, my kobo still won't connect.. other then to charge.
I even opened the little bugger up, lol.. and took a look, and everything I have read online, and on youtube, everything looks fine in there. Closed it up, and still just charging no connection to get to the files.
Old 07-28-2015, 01:04 PM   #5
nferia
Freakishly Shy

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkeles84 View Post
Have you tried your USB Cable with another device and successful communicate with PC?
I have a USB Cable like this. It works by charching but not sending file to PC.
Never had any issues transferring files before. It just suddenly doesn't seem to want too.. well, not even that, it is just not there to say anything..
My daughters tablet connects fine with the same cord and with my other cord. No idea what is going on.
Old 07-28-2015, 03:18 PM   #6
Dr. Drib
Grand Sorcerer
Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dr. Drib ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle: Oasis 3, Voyage WiFi; Kobo: Libra 2, Aura One
Moved to the Kobo Tablet subforum.....because this is Kobo Tablet.

Don
(Moderator)
Dr. Drib is offline   Reply With Quote