Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Fire

Notices

Old 02-27-2012, 06:11 PM   #406
aimango
aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'aimango knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: none
Does anyone know of a source for Kindle Fire Android App development?
I'm trying to fix something that deals with accessing browser history for Silk browser, but I don't know if Amazon even allows that.

Thanks
aimango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2012, 11:27 PM   #407
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by aimango View Post
Does anyone know of a source for Kindle Fire Android App development?
I'm trying to fix something that deals with accessing browser history for Silk browser, but I don't know if Amazon even allows that.

Thanks
No promises, but you might try this page under the heading Developer Resources in the left hand column:

http://aws.amazon.com/rds/
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:38 AM   #408
dslom001
dslom001 began at the beginning.

Device: kindlefire
noob needs help with ice cream sandwitch gone wrong!!

Hey ya'll,

So I'm sure you're tired of noobs posting but I just need a little help. I rooted my kindle last night and then tried giving it ics 4. So, I wiped everything (as instructed) and before hand I added the cm09 file along with the gapps. Yet, when I downloaded and extracted these two files they came out as multiple files so I first extracted the files to my desktop. I then transferred the individual files to the root of my kindle. When trying to "install" them , the individual files(which cm09 and gapps had been comprised of ) popped up but I couldn't do anything with them (flash ,etc). So, then I tried condensing all the gapps files into one "gapps" folder and all the cmo9 files into one "cm09" folder and transfer it to the root. Same thing happened. What I think I should haev done is not extracted either and just have sent the unzipped files to the root of my kindle...woops...I am a dumb noob after all! So, now I'm stuck with my kindle and when I turn it on to "normal mode" (not the TWRP) the "kindlefire" insignia pops up at start up like normal but it just sits there like that. Any idea of what I should do and where I can get the files to do it so that I too can have the LIMITLESS POWER OF ICE CREAM!!?? MWAHAHAHAHA...really though..any help ?
dslom001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2012, 09:44 AM   #409
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by dslom001 View Post
Hey ya'll,

So I'm sure you're tired of noobs posting but I just need a little help. I rooted my kindle last night and then tried giving it ics 4. So, I wiped everything (as instructed) and before hand I added the cm09 file along with the gapps. Yet, when I downloaded and extracted these two files they came out as multiple files so I first extracted the files to my desktop. I then transferred the individual files to the root of my kindle. When trying to "install" them , the individual files(which cm09 and gapps had been comprised of ) popped up but I couldn't do anything with them (flash ,etc). So, then I tried condensing all the gapps files into one "gapps" folder and all the cmo9 files into one "cm09" folder and transfer it to the root. Same thing happened. What I think I should haev done is not extracted either and just have sent the unzipped files to the root of my kindle...woops...I am a dumb noob after all! So, now I'm stuck with my kindle and when I turn it on to "normal mode" (not the TWRP) the "kindlefire" insignia pops up at start up like normal but it just sits there like that. Any idea of what I should do and where I can get the files to do it so that I too can have the LIMITLESS POWER OF ICE CREAM!!?? MWAHAHAHAHA...really though..any help ?

You might have better luck getting the help you need over the XDA forums. There are some smart people here, but the folks over there do this stuff every day.
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 09:25 PM   #410
monkeyluis
Banned
monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.monkeyluis ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad "3", Kindle Touch, Kindle Fire, iPhone 4S
Anyone check this out? Might be a good reference guide to keep on the fire.

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B006XL927M/

Last edited by dreams; 03-25-2012 at 10:30 PM. Reason: clean link
monkeyluis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2012, 05:18 PM   #411
tstarky
Next mood swing...6 min
tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tstarky ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle 3, Fire, PW
I don't have that guide but I see it is free for Prime members. It would be one worth trying for free first before buying...if you don't mind using your one and only monthly loaner on a Fire Guide.
tstarky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2012, 02:53 AM   #412
salsaguy
Addict
salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.salsaguy can even cheer up an android equipped with a defective Genuine Personality Prototype.

Device: Kindle Fire (1st Gen), Kindle Touch, KFHD 8.9 No Ads
WHAT TO DO WHEN YOUR FIRE CAN’T GETYOUR BOOKS FROM THE CLOUD:

- click the settings gear at the top
- select More..
- select Applications
- select Filter by > All Applications
- click Amazon Kindle
- click the buttons “Force Stop”, “Clear Data”

This restores all the books to the cloud.

Last edited by salsaguy; 03-24-2012 at 02:55 AM. Reason: formatting
salsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 12:33 AM   #413
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Note: As of Firmware 6.3 Sideloading books then using File Expert app to add them to shelves without rebooting no longer works.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:46 PM   #414
Merischino
Groupie
Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Merischino ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Pixel 2, Kindle Fire HD 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
Note: As of Firmware 6.3 Sideloading books then using File Expert app to add them to shelves without rebooting no longer works.
Strange. It worked for me about an hour ago. I'm on the pre-rooted 6.3 Rom (from xda).
Merischino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:53 PM   #415
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merischino View Post
Strange. It worked for me about an hour ago. I'm on the pre-rooted 6.3 Rom (from xda).
It doesn't for me. I am using the official download. I sideload a mobi then use File Expert to open it. It immediately opens the book where I can read it in a waterdown version of the Kindle Reader but it does not add it to the shelves.
Old 04-04-2012, 07:01 PM   #416
carld
Wizard
carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.carld ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Something I didn't realize. If you use Volume+ to boost the sound coming from your Fire, you need to adjust the headset volume separately from the speaker volume. They are different controls. Now that I've upped the headset volume the Fire is much easier to hear with my earphones.
carld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:35 PM   #417
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Temporary Fix Personal Documents White Covers
Firmware 6.3 Bug
  1. Remove any White covers from Carousel.
  2. Turn WiFi on
  3. Tap Gear\Applications\Filtered by: All Applications
  4. Tap Amazon Kindle\Tap Clear Data/Tap Home
  5. You will see Syncing in white text. Do not touch the device till synching is through. This can take a few minutes.
  6. Once done go to the Doc tab and check to make sure covers are now showing correctly.
  7. Go to home\Gear\Tap Sync button twice.
  8. Now try out the books that had white covers on the carousel they should now be fixed.

Note: If you now have grey covers on your Amazon books it means Syncing was not finished or successful. Wait for less peak hours and try the steps again. Sometimes grey covers will fix themselves. If not all white covers are gone from doc tab and Carousel repeat steps again.

Doc Archive Items will have white covers still if not downloaded on the device.

This is only a temp fix and has to be done each time a document is added. I do mine daily before bed when all document sending is done for the day.
Old 04-23-2012, 10:35 PM   #418
astrodad
Guru
astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astrodad ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3, Kindle Paperwhite 1, iPad, iPhone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It doesn't for me. I am using the official download. I sideload a mobi then use File Expert to open it. It immediately opens the book where I can read it in a waterdown version of the Kindle Reader but it does not add it to the shelves.
Wow this is so annoying. Has anyone found a workaround?
astrodad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 10:43 PM   #419
ApK
Award-Winning Participant
ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ApK ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
Restarting is a workaround.

But also, after moving your files to the document or books folder, you can go to settings/applications and force stop the Kindle app. That seems to do it, too.
ApK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #420
Blossom
Treasure Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by astrodad View Post
As APK said the new way to do it is add them just like you would if you was doing it the old method but instead of opening them with File Expert you force close the Kindle app and they appear on your shelves! Much easier!

Make sure the app isn't busy when you do this. It shouldn't be showing under Running apps just All Applications when you go to force close it. This should keep you from causing any issues with the database.