Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 02-09-2012, 04:02 PM   #1
Gerlyn
Enthusiast
Gerlyn began at the beginning.

Device: Ipad
Blank page before chapter

I am using Sigil to create an epub document. I have placed my content in seperate xhtml pages using sigils "chapter break". Works great and no added CSS code as I have seen in other threads that it can be done that way also. When I preview this in IBOOKS there is a blank page before every chapter. Each xhtml page starts and ends with its own body tag and html tag that Sigil creates when I create a new Chapter. Where do I look to correct this?
Gerlyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2012, 08:49 PM   #2
user_none
Sigil & calibre developer
user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.user_none ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook STR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerlyn View Post
When I preview this in IBOOKS there is a blank page before every chapter.
Check and see in the CSS files that you don't have the page-break-before or page-break-after properties set for some tags. I can't remember but if you started with a calibre produced document it will add these to h1 tags.

Quote:
Each xhtml page starts and ends with its own body tag and html tag that Sigil creates when I create a new Chapter. Where do I look to correct this?
This is how EPUB works. Each indvidiual xhtml file within the EPUB needs to be a fully valid (it's own html, head, and body tags) and independent document.
user_none is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 11:19 AM   #3
Gerlyn
Enthusiast

I have checked my CSS file to confirm and there is no page-break code listed anywhere. I am creating an epub using Sigil by hand - not bringing anything in - handcoding the whole thing. I included the information about the document ending as it does to show I had no extra code there that might be causing the problem.
Old 02-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #4
cybmole
Wizard
cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.cybmole ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
what happens if you preview it an Adobe Digital Editions, or in other epub software. could be an IBooks only issue ?

NB readers will begin a new page for each new XHTML file encountered, but should not add an extra blank page.
cybmole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:38 AM   #5
Hitch
Bookmaker & Cat Slave
Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Hitch ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K2, iPad, KFire, PPW, Voyage, NookColor. 2 Droid, Oasis, Boox Note2
Quote:
I have checked my CSS file to confirm and there is no page-break code listed anywhere. I am creating an epub using Sigil by hand - not bringing anything in - handcoding the whole thing. I included the information about the document ending as it does to show I had no extra code there that might be causing the problem.
The only time I ever see this is if an page-break-before:always code has snuck in there somewhere. Double-check your body div.

Hitch
Hitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2012, 09:46 AM   #6
Gerlyn
Enthusiast

This has now started to work properly. I shut everything off and rebooted my computer, deleted the epub from my itunes account and the ipad and reuploaded. It now is working properly with no extra pages. Don't have a real explanation for it, but now it is fixed. Thanks for your suggestions.