Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Sony Reader

Notices

Old 04-30-2008, 12:45 PM   #1
anotherchance
Zealot
anotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enoughanotherchance will become famous soon enough

Device: PRS-505
Smile Sony eBook Store - Hidden Gems

I thought I'd just mention the little gem I stumbled upon while hunting through the Sony book store. Buster Merryfield's "During the War", a memoir of his childhood, war-time experiences and eventually, his time in the classic BBC comedy series "Only Fools and Horses" as Uncle Albert. This should be a good one for any other Brits out there, as I've been enjoying it enormously. Very gentle, but full of amusing and touching stories.

During the War and Other Encounters by Buster Merryfield

N.B. All the DVDs of the "Only Fools and Horses" show are now available in the US. Superb stuff, especially the middle of the long long run.

P.S. I say "hidden gem" because the only titles on the "Customers who purchased this book also purchased:" list, are all my books that I previously bought, so I think I'm the only person who's ever bought this title!

P.P.S. Do you have a hidden gem or just favorite ebook you'd like to share?

Last edited by anotherchance; 04-30-2008 at 01:08 PM.
anotherchance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 02:25 PM   #2
wmrawls
Connoisseur
wmrawls began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505, Dell Axim X50V
Interesting....thanks for sharing the info.
wmrawls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 04:29 PM   #3
jamesdmanley
Groupie
jamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-booksjamesdmanley has learned how to read e-books

Device: prs-500
subscribed
jamesdmanley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2008, 07:05 PM   #4
DrMoze
Booknut
DrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with othersDrMoze plays well with others

Device: Sony Reader 500/505/300/350, Nook Glowlight Plus (6")
Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesdmanley View Post
subscribed
???
DrMoze is offline   Reply With Quote