Register Guidelines E-Books Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 03-06-2008, 08:23 PM   #1
dkb
ebook enthusiast
dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.dkb writes the songs that make the whole world sing.

Device: Kindle 2, iPhone, Sony PRS-350, Kindle Fire, Kindle Touch
M-Edge's Kindle Cover

I just got the M-Edge cover for the Kindle. I think it has a nicer feel than the cover it comes with. For the most part I didn't have problems with my Kindle falling out, but there is no chance it will fall out of the M-Edge cover! The corner over the right edge is elastisized for access to the on/off switches.

I changed the closed cover picture--in the previously posted picture, the color was off. This picture is closer to the actual color.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	cover-open.jpg
Views:	2330
Size:	30.8 KB
ID:	11283   Click image for larger version

Name:	cover-behind.jpg
Views:	2064
Size:	35.5 KB
ID:	11284   Click image for larger version

Name:	Cover color corrected.jpg
Views:	1840
Size:	116.2 KB
ID:	11528  

Last edited by dkb; 03-14-2008 at 11:59 AM. Reason: Change picture/add comment
dkb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 03:53 AM   #2
vagelis
vagelis has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle1, kindle2 & kindle dx
I too have received the M-Edge Kindle cover
I share the same sentiments

Very well executed indeed
vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 11:05 AM   #3
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many to count
Mine's red!
TallMomof2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:44 PM   #4
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I purchased the red one as well and I have to say it is VERY nice. Why couldn't amazon do this?
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 02:49 PM   #5
tsgreer
Lovin' the e-book life...
tsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with otherstsgreer plays well with others

Device: Ebookwise 1150, Sony PRS-505, Amazon Kindle, BeBook (with OpenInkpot)
Wow, I like this! How long does shipping usually take? I checked the site and couldn't find an estimate.
tsgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:00 PM   #6
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
So how does this compare to the stock case as far as weight is concerned? I find at home I prefer to read without the case unless I need a book light. It's so much lighter. Not that the case makes it heavy but without it the Kindle just feels like I'm holding nothing.
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 04:50 PM   #7
KlondikeGeoff
Wombat Aficionado
KlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enoughKlondikeGeoff will become famous soon enough

Device: Fire, Kindle1, Sony PRS-500 Reader, Rocket 1100 eBook
Quote:
Originally Posted by drgnbear View Post
I purchased the red one as well and I have to say it is VERY nice. Why couldn't amazon do this?
Good question that has puzzled me from the time I got mine. They did so much that was right, all I can think is that they sloughed this off to some demented, retarded, Luddite hermit in the wilds of Inner Mongolia, giving him a piece of leather, some glue, a knife and told him "make a cover."
KlondikeGeoff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2008, 07:07 PM   #8
europas_ice
Groupie
europas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't littereuropas_ice doesn't litter

Device: iPhone 11 (Kindle app & iBooks)
I dunno, I don't like the look of that tab to hold the cover down. It looks like it would get caught on stuff when trying to slip it into a bag.
europas_ice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #9
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia
TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.TallMomof2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

The tab slips snugly inside a slot and I haven't had it catch on anything when I slip it in and out of my bag.
Old 03-08-2008, 02:35 PM   #10
janiebegood
Enthusiast
janiebegood began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone 3GS, K1 (RIP), K2, K3, and now Kindle Fire!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMomof2 View Post
The tab slips snugly inside a slot and I haven't had it catch on anything when I slip it in and out of my bag.
Does it have a magnet or something that holds it into place? And does it ever get in your way while you're reading or pressing the "next page" button on the right? If you bend the cover all the way around to the back, is there a way to secure it there? Could I be any more full of questions?
janiebegood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 10:19 AM   #11
jacksonunit
Sand Bender
jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.jacksonunit turned on, tuned in, and dropped out.

Device: Kindle1/iPhone/iPad/Droid/KindleDX/Kindle 3G/Kindle Touch/Kindle Fire
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebegood View Post
Does it have a magnet or something that holds it into place? And does it ever get in your way while you're reading or pressing the "next page" button on the right? If you bend the cover all the way around to the back, is there a way to secure it there? Could I be any more full of questions?
I had ALL of those questions as well.
jacksonunit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:02 PM   #12
vagelis
vagelis has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: kindle1, kindle2 & kindle dx
Quote:
Originally Posted by janiebegood View Post
No Magnets to hold something into place.
The straps hold from all four corners securely.

No it does not get in the way when you press the next page.

When you flip the front cover back all the way, the little strap 'tongue' can be reinserted to the groove of the front cover, thus being out of the way and holding the the front cover back securely.

Hope this helps.
vagelis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2008, 12:14 PM   #13
TallMomof2
Kindlephilia

You can also bend the tab backwards so it fits between the back and front cover. The front cover doesn't need to be secured when folded back because it stays in place. the Amazon cover is stiff and if you don't use the elastic band the front cover has a tendency to spring partially back.

The cover is very nice and holds the Kindle extremely well.
Old 03-10-2008, 03:02 PM   #14
drgnbear
Evil alien overlord.
drgnbear began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
I've had a few MINOR issues with it tying up the Prev button but I think that's more in the nature of slightly stiff leather beyond that it hasn't interefered at all. It is a really nice soft buttery leather and it seems lighter to me than the one that came with the Kindle definately easier to fold back. It's not easy to get in and out of the case, but it is very securely in the case unlike the shipped case. If you are someone who prefers to read without a cover you may be frustrated getting it in and out. It works perfectly for me as I usually read in the case.

I was worried about the tab before I ordered it but actually it's not bad, just takes a bit of getting used to. No magnets, it just holds it securely on three corners and loosely with an elastic strap on the fourth so you can access the buttons on the back which is easy to do since the cover is so soft.

Basically THIS is what should have shipped from Amazon. Although with the elastic to hold it shut instead of the tab.
drgnbear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2008, 03:58 PM   #15
Ervserver
Wizard
Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Ervserver ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch
The better half likes it but needs it in pink....not available
Ervserver is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cover, dodge, duck!