Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 04-02-2014, 04:21 PM   #31
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7 2, Samsung Galaxy Tab A 8" (retired=Sony PRS650, Kobo Mini)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atunah View Post
I can't either, which is why I have fictfact. . If you mean can I keep the characters straight? Its amazing what I can fit in there. Scary sometimes. I do need triggers now and then, but usually when I start reading another installment, even if there are 2-3 in between, it all comes back to me.

I wish I could apply this immense storage capability to every day life. I can't often remember what I ate for lunch 2 days earlier, but I can remember what characters did going years back. What is wrong with me
Well, remembering what the characters did is more important.

I think some books just have a greater impact on our brains. I am doing my date project for Calibre and have come across some books I purchased recently in digital thinking I had never read them and it turns out I did back in 1999-2002 (I am only up to 2002 so far). Some were Silhouette Intimate Moments which I got via mail subscription so those aren't too surprising. But others are ones I bought at the store. I just have NO memory of buying or reading these books.

Whereas other books I see the title and remember the main characters/story instantly. (I'm not talking about books I reread, these are books I've only read once.) It doesn't seem to matter if it was a book I liked or didn't like.

Just like I can remember my phone number from way back when, but can't seem to get my new PIN number for the replacement bank card to stick in my brain at all. I do wish we got to select more of what stays and what goes
library addict is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 04:42 PM   #32
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by apesmom View Post
Self-Pubbed box set bargain from Harlequin Presents author

The Hostile Operations Team Military Romance Box Set by Lynn Raye Harris - $0.99
Kindle | Kobo (couponable)

1 novel + 2 novellas

I have book one but not books two so I grabbed the set.

Wow not much freebies out there yet this month.

It's not like I need more books though.

OT: Hubby is doing much better I'm going to try him on solid food today. He probably should have got to the ER for an IV but I took care of him best I could. He's in good spirits feeling alot more like himself. After missing 2 days due to the worst case of food poisoning a person can get without hospitalization he's unemployed. I don't know what's going to happen. He was with the Factory over 5 years but they are so strict...you get 7 points and each point only falls off after one year to the date the point was added so you can see they don't leave much room for being sick.

This was hubby's first bout with food poisoning we can't figure out what it was though. Something in the fridge maybe or fast food. I am trying to narrow it down because I don't want it to happen to either of us again. All food in fridge was just bought last week so it's nothing old.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 04:59 PM   #33
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Nova Air, Galaxy Note 10
Backlist 3 book box set from Julie Miller - previously published by Love Spell (1997-2000)

Make Mine a Marine (LadyTech #1-3) - $0.99

Book 2 was previously free back in 2/2012

Quote:
Three very special heroes take charge in these full-length stories of military romance and suspense. Once, they put their lives on the line for their country. Now these former Marine Corps operatives are putting their lives on the line in the bodyguard business. Brodie, Hawk and Drew have what it takes to uncover the mysteries surrounding three very different heroines, and protect them from the threat stalking them. And though love may not be part of their assigned mission, their heroic hearts just might lead these hard core vets to a happily ever after… if they survive.

Last edited by apesmom; 04-02-2014 at 05:01 PM.
apesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 05:00 PM   #34
booklover6
Grand Sorcerer
booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.booklover6 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara, 2E, Libre, PW4, PW5, 2022 Kindle
Oh no, Blossom! I am so sorry to hear it! That stinks! That is ridiculous, no way could he gone in to work. Those idiots!
booklover6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #35
Blossom
Treasure Seeker
Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blossom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo HD Glo, Kindles, Kindle Fires, Andriod Devices
Quote:
Originally Posted by booklover6 View Post
Oh no, Blossom! I am so sorry to hear it! That stinks! That is ridiculous, no way could he gone in to work. Those idiots!
It really does because he is seldom sick but this year it seems people who never get sick is getting sick from various bugs but this wasn't the swine flu or some bug going around like the last times he missed then one time he had to take me the doctor for a bad infection and they kept me there all day putting antibiotics into me.

This was full out food poisoning. You think you are dying this isn't no little tummy upset. I've had salmonella food poisoning as a teen and was hospitalized and the one thanksgivings a teen everyone got super sick from bad turkey so I have experience in recognizing it. I got him through it but there was no way till today he could even hold anything in or sit up.

They weren't sympathetic at all about it.
Blossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-02-2014, 06:05 PM   #36
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
Making Waves (Lake Manawa Summers Book #1): A Novel By Lorna Seilstad

Inspirational Romance

Free

Quote:
When spunky Marguerite Westing discovers that her family will summer at Lake Manawa in 1895, she couldn't be more thrilled. It is the perfect way to escape her agonizingly boring suitor, Roger Gordon. It's also where she stumbles upon two new loves: sailing, and sailing instructor Trip Andrews. But this summer of fun turns to turmoil as her father's gambling problems threaten to ruin the family forever. Will free-spirited Marguerite marry Roger to save her father's name and fortune? Or will she follow her heart--even if it means abandoning the family she loves?
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 06:07 PM   #37
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blossom View Post
It really does because he is seldom sick but this year it seems people who never get sick is getting sick from various bugs but this wasn't the swine flu or some bug going around like the last times he missed then one time he had to take me the doctor for a bad infection and they kept me there all day putting antibiotics into me.

This was full out food poisoning. You think you are dying this isn't no little tummy upset. I've had salmonella food poisoning as a teen and was hospitalized and the one thanksgivings a teen everyone got super sick from bad turkey so I have experience in recognizing it. I got him through it but there was no way till today he could even hold anything in or sit up.

They weren't sympathetic at all about it.
Blossom, very sorry to hear about this. Good thoughts and prayers to you and hub, hopefully the silver lining will show itself soon. *hugs*
Blue2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 07:15 PM   #38
Blue2u
Wizard
Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Blue2u ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Gah, if someone could help me with creating virtual library in Calibre. I just want restriction of date and tag, ie tags f.g and g, date before 2013. I know it's something simple I'm doing wrong.
Old 04-02-2014, 08:59 PM   #39
library addict
Grand Sorcerer
library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.library addict ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue2u View Post
Gah, if someone could help me with creating virtual library in Calibre. I just want restriction of date and tag, ie tags f.g and g, date before 2013. I know it's something simple I'm doing wrong.
tags:=f.g and g and date:<2013

See HERE
Old 04-02-2014, 09:05 PM   #40
apesmom
Wizard
apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.apesmom ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

While we're on the subject of Calibre. I want to create a custom column adding 2 other custom column together using the add() function. I can't seem to get the syntax correct.

Custom columns are c & credit. I assume I want to use the "Column built from other columns" option.

I've been entering add(c, credit) in the template field

Any ideas?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:21 PM   #41
Blue2u
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
tags:=f.g and g and date:<2013

See HERE
I was putting commas in when I didn't need to.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:25 PM   #42
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
While we're on the subject of Calibre. I want to create a custom column adding 2 other custom column together using the add() function. I can't seem to get the syntax correct.

Custom columns are c & credit. I assume I want to use the "Column built from other columns" option.

I've been entering add(c, credit) in the template field

Any ideas?
I would think that was correct, but I've never done the build column from others bit. Maybe there's some trick to it. Did you try reversing the order?
Old 04-02-2014, 09:39 PM   #43
KyBunnies
Book & Bunny Crazy
KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KyBunnies ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: K3 (x2), Fire HD 7-inch (x2), Fire HDX 8.9, Acer Android Tablet
I gave up on custom columns. I have had Calibre since 0.6 and I just figured out that I have just figured out how to create separate libraries (free, read, tbr) not virtual but real separate libraries. As for anything else maybe in time.

I did purchase the Calibre Companion for my Kindle Fire and took me several days to figure out how to transfer books. Just need to remember they have to be in epub So everything imported is converted to epub. Not fond of MoonReader free but MoonReader pro is not available for the fire. Wish I could find something better. I miss the dictionary when reading mobi files.

Maybe after I finish with my current project (making sure all books have metadata, correct covers, tags, etc) I would love to have a library for just my print books. But since I started my current project I have changed things 5/6 times or more.

Edit: One thing I do not understand is why Calibre picks audio/spanish/french books when downloading metadata.

Back later storms hitting my area
KyBunnies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 09:44 PM   #44
apesmom
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by library addict View Post
I would think that was correct, but I've never done the build column from others bit. Maybe there's some trick to it. Did you try reversing the order?
Oh yes, forward, backward, sideways, with #, without #, with '' and without and every other combination I could come up with.
Old 04-02-2014, 09:49 PM   #45
library addict
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Oh yes, forward, backward, sideways, with #, without #, with '' and without and every other combination I could come up with.
I'd ask in the Calibre forum then. It must be something we're overlooking.