Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 11-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #1
Anonymouslemming
Anonymouslemming began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Conversion issue - page breaks on paragraphs

I have a book I bought from Amazon that I'm struggling to convert.

I've tried converting to Mobi and ePub and they both display the same problem, but I really need it in ePub because I read on a Sony PRS.

Basically, each paragraph is on its own page. A page break has been put in at the end of each paragraph.

I see this on my Sony, on eBooks on my iPad and in the viewer in calibre. But if I open the azw3 in the Kindle app on my mac it looks fine.

I'm using Calibre 1.9.0 and Alf's tools 6.0.8.

Any ideas on how I fix this ?
Anonymouslemming is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2013, 11:23 AM   #2
fidvo
Addict
fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.fidvo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
You could try opening the epub in Sigil to see if you can fix it there. Maybe there's something in the style sheet telling it to page break on each paragraph. If so, that would probably be easy to fix once you identify it.
fidvo is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-06-2013, 11:45 AM   #3
speakingtohe
Wizard
speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.speakingtohe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: sony PRS-T1 and T3, Kobo Mini and Aura HD, Tablet
Try using inspect (select text and right-click) in the calibre viewer to identify the problem and then using calibre search and replace conversion option.

Helen
speakingtohe is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
azw, epub