Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Barnes & Noble NOOK > Nook Color & Nook Tablet

Notices

Old 05-02-2013, 07:12 AM   #1
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Samsung Galaxy Tab 4 Nook & Samsung Galaxy Tab S 10.5
Nook HD+ not charging

Has anyone had any problems with their Nook HD+ not charging? I last successfully charged mine back over the weekend. It was getting low last night so I plugged it in when I went to bed. When I woke up this morning it was still showing 5% and not charging.

I plugged my Nook Tablet cable into my HD+ transformer and it charges so I know the transformer is good. That narrows the problem down to either the cable or the HD+ itself. The HD+ no longer shows up when I plug it into my computer but that could still be either the HD+ or the connector, though I'd probably lean more towards the cable since my HD+ is acting fine except for not charging.

In the past, whenever the HD+ was really low and I plugged it in to charge, the little LED next to the connector would come on and glow amber, then turn green later, as it charged up to a decent level. Now when I plug it in, the little LED comes on and glows green from the start but no charging is going on.

Any ideas?

Any information on how well warranty/repairs/replacements are handled? I'm assuming that, if it's the cable, they probably won't cover that after four months and I'll just have to purchase another one.

Thanks.

- Byron Followell
bfollowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 10:19 AM   #2
bfollowell
Fanatic
bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bfollowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

I got it charging again. I inspected the connector closely and noticed some white gunk dried in it, probably from packing it back and forth to work in my lunch bag. I found some contact cleaner and cleaned the connector out really well and did the same for the port on my HD+ and now all is right with the world again.

Maybe I'll start keeping it in a little zip-lock baggie from now on.

- Byron
Old 05-02-2013, 10:21 AM   #3
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Glad to see you fixed it. I was going to suggest it was the cable since you could still charge it using the tablet cable.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2013, 11:28 AM   #4
bfollowell
Fanatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apache View Post
Glad to see you fixed it. I was going to suggest it was the cable since you could still charge it using the tablet cable.
Apache
Well, I couldn't charge with the Tablet cable because they're different cables. What I'd been able to do was charge the Tablet using my HD+ transformer and the Tablet cable.

Basically I'd ruled out the HD+ transformer as the issue but couldn't narrow down any further than the HD+ or the cable. The cable was the most likely suspect though.

- Byron
Old 05-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #5
Apache
Readaholic
Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Apache ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Surface Pro 6 / Galaxy Tab A 8"
Are you able to take it to a Barnes and Noble and exchange it? I have found that they will give a new cable even when the Nook is out of warranty.
Apache
Apache is offline   Reply With Quote