Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

View Poll Results: Which browser(s) are you using?
Firefox 56 70.89%
Opera 6 7.59%
Chrome 18 22.78%
Internet Explorer 16 20.25%
Safari 6 7.59%
Other 2 2.53%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 79. You may not vote on this poll

Old 07-01-2010, 09:45 AM   #16
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by BexBits View Post
Thank you--fascinating place with an appealing community -- I'm glad I found you.

Me ! Oh Shucks .....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 09:59 AM   #17
BexBits
Zealot
BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.BexBits can program the VCR without an owner's manual.

Device: Nook classic, Nook Simple Touch, Nook HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
Me ! Oh Shucks .....
*snort* I was going to say "ya'all" but that seemed so regionally inappropriate. The second person pronoun is one of my pet peeves with English.

Last edited by BexBits; 07-01-2010 at 10:48 AM.
BexBits is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 10:03 AM   #18
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420

That makes more sense.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:40 AM   #19
benham
Guru
benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.benham ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Palm TX, PRS-505 (BLUE)
Firefox 90% of the time and IE the rest. I get kicked out of IE alot.
benham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 11:57 AM   #20
nursedude
Zealot
nursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankindnursedude has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kobo (Original), KT, iPad 1, iPhone 4S, iPad 3rd gen
Firefox almost 100% of the time. My laptop at work has Firefox as well (if they didn't want me to install stuff they shouldn't have given me admin privileges <g>.

Used Opera back in version 2.x days but got away from it after awhile.

I have used Chrome but didn't care for it.

I don't mind Safari....
nursedude is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-01-2010, 12:04 PM   #21
Zed370
Zed370 began at the beginning.

Device: HTC HD2
Firefox - my main browser
IE - If I need to another browser like logging in to my other Google account.

Chrome - Used it before but found out it lacked the features that Firefox has.
Zed370 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:29 PM   #22
clarknova
Addict
clarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with othersclarknova plays well with others

Device: Kindle 2
Firefox, but I'm still a big fan of NCSA Mosaic, since it had support for Gopher.

Though I just checked, and apparently Firefox still has some support for Gopher: gopher://gopher.floodgap.com/1/v2. Who knew?
clarknova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 12:33 PM   #23
LCF
Wizard
LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LCF ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Hanlin V3 (LBook), GS3
Firefox, personalized to the point of no return
LCF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 01:09 PM   #24
toomanybooks
Addict
toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.toomanybooks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Ipad, Ipod Touch, KIndle Fire
Firefox primarily because it is more secure and protects my privacy better. Chrome for random light web browsing for speed. Atomic on the Ipad.
toomanybooks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2010, 10:27 PM   #25
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCF View Post
Firefox, personalized to the point of no return
That's one of the many things I like about Firefox. It is quite customizable and there are many useful add-ons available.

Last edited by Javed; 07-01-2010 at 10:30 PM.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:21 AM   #26
astra
The Introvert
astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.astra ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony Reader PRS-650 & 505 & 500
FireFox for 2 years.
We had this discussion almost exactly 2 years ago Firefox 3 and Extensions You can't live without and DMcCunney convinced me to give it a chance. Since then I use only FF. After that, I cannot stand IE.

Bye bye adds and pop-ups.

My bookmarks are synchronized across 3 computers and Sandisk Cruzer USB stick with U3 s/w on it. (I think you can use xmarks for IE now too, but it was impossible until fairly recently)
Works faster than IE.

I use only a couple of add-ons but they are essencial now for me.
Adblock Plus - a must-have!
Tab Mix Plus - a must-have!
Xmarks - a must-have!

On top of that, I used IE 2 weeks ago at work to something and got a virus at once - iexplore.exe. Had to re-image the system because antivirus could not get rid of of it and malware s/w was useless against it too.

As for the mail clients. I don't use them after I got gmail account. Since 2005?
astra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 12:56 PM   #27
frabjous
Wizard
frabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterfrabjous can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Sony PRS-505
Firefox!

I switched to using Chromium (the open source version of Chrome) for a few months, but recently switched back. I do love Firefox’s extensions, but to be fair, Chrome/ium does have nearly as many good plugins/extensions too, including AdBlock. (Though I noticed that Google’s own ads somehow sneak through on Chromium. )

Sure, Chrome starts up faster, but once you’ve got the thing running, I don’t really notice a difference.

There are some really geeky things I like better about Firefox: opentype font automatic ligature substitution, SVG images with transparent backgrounds, mozilla-specific CSS, and some other minor things. I find that Java works better, although slower, than with Chrom(e)(ium).

I also really like Mozilla as an organization and its commitment to open source. (Sure, Google is more committed to open source itself than most large technology corporations, but its methods and motives are often more questionable.)

Currently using the following plugins: AdBlock plus, Stylish, New Tab JumpStart, Tiny Menu, Echofon, GMail Watcher, Google Reader Watcher, and Web Developer.

However, since I’m obsessive about testing my webpages with various browsers, I currently have 11 browsers installed on my primary Ubuntu system: Firefox, Chromium, Opera, Konqueror, rekonq, Midori, Amaya, Arora, Midori, Epiphany and Emacs/W3. I have some older versions of IE running through Wine too. (I use my wife's Windows computer to test things in recent versions of IE and Safari.)
frabjous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 04:36 PM   #28
Brainphart
Compost Power
Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.Brainphart goes to eleven.

Device: Nook ST-1 Sony Reader PRS500(retired but still kicking)
SRWare Iron: Google Chrome without the spyware.

http://www.srware.net/en/software_srware_iron.php
Brainphart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 05:10 PM   #29
Sweetpea
Grand Sorcerer
Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sweetpea ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 4 Color; Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Firefox for my normal web browsing. IE for those sites that don't show well in FF, mostly work related.
Sweetpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:05 PM   #30
clintbradford
Older ... slower ...
clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.clintbradford once ate a cherry pie in a record 7 seconds.

Device: Kobo, Kindles 2/3/Keyboard/Fire/Fire HD, HDX.
Safari Disappointing

I am new to Macs - just since 2006. My 17" MacBook Pro and mini are quite stable. But the current release of Safari crashes all the time. But Firefox and Chrome are working marvelously. Try Google's Chrome - a little different, but very enjoyable browser. Only thing missing for me is 1Password integration.
clintbradford is offline   Reply With Quote