Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Plugins

Notices

Old 12-17-2013, 01:22 PM   #391
tempest@de
Fanatic
tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tempest@de ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo, kindle
@PeterT I'm using firmware 2.8.1

@ DavidFor

My problem it’s not with the plugin but the update off the database, I couldn’t manage the metadata automatically and with your plugin I can, because the plugin updates the reading position which is what changes often enough that I couldn’t keep track off it.
tempest@de is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2013, 07:57 PM   #392
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
There was a change to the driver in 1.12 that might have helped. That took out an update to the database that was wrong for recent firmware. I remember when I found it thinking it might help, but I forgot to ask anyone if it did.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2013, 07:43 AM   #393
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Update to Kobo Utilities plugin - V1.5.0

I have just updated the plugin. There are a few changes.
  • Update: Change reading location store to not update library if no changes.
  • New: Add auto store when device detected.
  • New: Added progress bars when creating store jobs and updating library
  • New: Added dismissing "In the cloud" tiles
  • New: If click button and no device connected, open configuration

The big change is the auto storing option. This is the same as in the beta I released last week. Here are the details.

In the plugin configuration, there is a new option to enable a store of the reading position to be run when the device is connected. A background job is run to get the reading position for all books on the device. Selecting this, will enable the job the next time the device is connected.

The way this works is:
  1. When a Kobo ereader is detected, calibre runs jobs to find the books on the device.
  2. After the books have been found, a job is created for all books on the device to retrieve the reading positions.
  3. When the device jobs have finished, the reading position job is started.
  4. When the reading position job has finished, the library is updated with the reading positions.

There are some rules for the store:
  • If the book on the device has not been opened, the reading status will not be stored. This is to prevent overwriting the reading status in the library after a factory reset.
  • The library is only updated if there is a difference between the position on the book and the library. This is a change from earlier versions where the library was always updated.
  • If the rating has not been set on the device, the rating in the library will not be changed.

As well as the enable option, there are three other options to control the auto store:
  • Prompt to store any changes: When this is enabled, a prompt will be displayed before the library is updated. This will display a count of the reading positions found to be updated.
  • Only if more recent: Only store the reading position if the last read timestamp is more recent than that in the calibre library.
  • Not if finished in library: If the book is finished in the library, the reading percent is 100, but the book is opened on the device, do not update the library. This is useful if you accidentally open a book that has been finished.

If you decide to try the automatic store, I recommend keeping the confirmation option set. This will allow you to review the number of changes that will be made and reject them if you think there are to many. Once you are happy it works the way you want, you can disable this option.

One of the other changes is to add In the cloud" to the tiles that can be dismissed. Unfortunately, it doesn't work well if added to the database trigger. The reason for this is the way the tiles are created.

The update should be available through calibre within the next couple of hours.

As always, if you find any problems, please report them here so that I can look at them. And if you have any ideas for improvements or new function, I am happy to hear them.
Old 12-18-2013, 05:21 PM   #394
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Whoops. Somehow I removed the plugin from the first post. I have put it back. It should be downloadable now.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:45 AM   #395
simond
Fanatic
simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.simond ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Aura One, iPad, iPhone
Thanks, that automatic sync is just what I've been wanting
simond is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-03-2014, 10:24 AM   #396
Montol
Montol began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Talking

Hurray! Automatic updating support! Thanks for getting that implemented davidfor. I didn't understand a single thing I was looking at in the log file ('I think the button was 'Yes/No/More Information'?), but it worked perfectly.

Thanks! That seamless interaction is a huge plus.
Montol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:23 PM   #397
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Montol View Post
Hurray! Automatic updating support! Thanks for getting that implemented davidfor. I didn't understand a single thing I was looking at in the log file ('I think the button was 'Yes/No/More Information'?), but it worked perfectly.

Thanks! That seamless interaction is a huge plus.
Glad you like it. Don't worry about the log unless something goes wrong. It has details that I can use to debug.
Old 01-26-2014, 05:27 AM   #398
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
locked database

I've just tried to update metadata on the aura HD for 20 books, and I got this error message
Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.21.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>OperationalError</b>:database is locked

calibre 1.21 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 667, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2704, in _update_metadata
OperationalError: database is locked

I'd just done the same thing for the aura I bought yesterday, with no problem. I have now synced everything between the two, have the same versions (the latest) for everything.

Edit: I solved my size difference problem (a file copied in the wrong place).

Last edited by anacreon; 01-26-2014 at 06:14 AM.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 06:23 AM   #399
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

Quote:
Originally Posted by anacreon View Post
I've just tried to update metadata on the aura HD for 20 books, and I got this error message
Spoiler:
calibre, version 1.21.0
ERREUR : Exception non gérée: <b>OperationalError</b>:database is locked

calibre 1.21 [64bit] isfrozen: True is64bit: True
Windows-7-6.1.7601-SP1 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '7', '6.1.7601')
Python 2.7.5
Windows: ('7', '6.1.7601', 'SP1', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 667, in update_metadata
File "calibre_plugins.koboutilities.action", line 2704, in _update_metadata
OperationalError: database is locked

I'd just done the same thing for the aura I bought yesterday, with no problem. I have now synced everything between the two, have the same versions (the latest) for everything.

Edit: I solved my size difference problem (a file copied in the wrong place).
I'm happy to hear that you solved the problem, but can you tell me what you were doing? I can't think how copying a file would cause this error.
Old 01-26-2014, 10:28 AM   #400
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
Well, I didn't solve the problem. That was a cancellation of another comment. But after working a little on the base, modifying metadatas, and sending new books, to the reader, when I tried again it worked. I have no idea why that "locked database" appeared, and only for the HD, nor why it disappeared.

Thank you for your ever better plugin.
anacreon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2014, 07:12 PM   #401
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer

OK. I did see the original post and didn't connect that part of the problem to the changed.

A "database is locked" type of error usually means something else is using the database. If the driver jobs or the reading position store job were still running, that would probably cause it.
Old 02-01-2014, 10:49 AM   #402
grzesb
grzesb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
disappearing Kobo Utilities

I 'm new on this forum, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Kobo Utilities completely does not work for me. When I connect my Aura, Kobo Utilities icon dissappears from toolbar. After disconnecting, It's back again and of course I cannot do anything, because options are greyed out or causing error. When I connect Aura, she story begins from the start - Utilities icon dissapears. I'm using 3.1.1 firmware and 1.5 version of Utilities. Any ideas?
grzesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 11:19 AM   #403
PeterT
Grand Sorcerer
PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.PeterT ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Clara, Touch, Tolino EPOS
Quote:
Originally Posted by grzesb View Post
I 'm new on this forum, so maybe I'm doing something wrong.
Kobo Utilities completely does not work for me. When I connect my Aura, Kobo Utilities icon dissappears from toolbar. After disconnecting, It's back again and of course I cannot do anything, because options are greyed out or causing error. When I connect Aura, she story begins from the start - Utilities icon dissapears. I'm using 3.1.1 firmware and 1.5 version of Utilities. Any ideas?
There are multiple toolbars in calibre including ones with AND without a device being conected.

Go to calibre preferences, look at the Toolbar customization AMD select the main with device connected, and then add the Kobo Touch Utilities to that one.

(Sorry not on a PC right now so I can't give the precise terms.)
PeterT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2014, 12:09 PM   #404
grzesb
grzesb began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura HD
It works. Thank You!
grzesb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2014, 05:45 AM   #405
BatmansDouble
BatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameterBatmansDouble can solve quadratic equations while standing on his or her head reciting poetry in iambic pentameter

Device: Kobo Aura
How does "Backup Annotation File" work? Or doesn't it work for kepubs?

Also, is there any news on the possibility of a better comment extraction system? The method now works fine, but surely there's room for improvement? (like you said yourself).
BatmansDouble is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
kobo, kobo utilities