Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-04-2011, 08:57 AM   #1
jadeland
jadeland began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Can't open calibre

I am a new Nook Color user. I downloaded Calibre successfully but when I attempted to open it, it is greyed out. It never gave me the option to set-up and finish the install, etc. Anybody have any clues how to help?
jadeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 09:32 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeland View Post
I am a new Nook Color user. I downloaded Calibre successfully but when I attempted to open it, it is greyed out. It never gave me the option to set-up and finish the install, etc. Anybody have any clues how to help?
Grey on the Installer file? Grey after starting the installer (UAC authority took a dive below something and is waiting for the OK only it is out of site. When this happens, the taskbar has a UAC item throbbing, but you can't surface it...Minimize the other windows and there it will be, waiting for your OK to proceed.)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-04-2011, 12:54 PM   #3
jadeland
jadeland began at the beginning.

Device: Nook Color
Thanks for your reply

Thanks for replying. I wasn't able to start the install process. I cannot open the downloaded application at all. After the first attempt to download it, I uninstalled and tried downloading it again and the same thing happened. The file is there just greyed out.
jadeland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 01:33 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by jadeland View Post
Thanks for replying. I wasn't able to start the install process. I cannot open the downloaded application at all. After the first attempt to download it, I uninstalled and tried downloading it again and the same thing happened. The file is there just greyed out.
CORRUPED download

Do Not use a download accelerator.
Disable Automatic Anti-virus fixes, better disable A/V during the download (use care not to surf while it is OFF).
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote