Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe > enTourage Archive

Notices

Old 04-16-2010, 04:10 PM   #1
sarah11918
Edge User

gPad running on Android - good for edge?

http://www.linuxjournal.com/content/...d-powered-gpad

http://www.nytimes.com/2010/04/12/te...y/12slate.html

Quote:
Google will be entering the pad market in the near future, along with nearly every other big-name manufacturer. Only a few details are mentioned in the Times story, shared by individuals supposedly privy to the secrets but unable to discuss them publicly.

What has been revealed is that the device will run Android — everybody's favorite Linux-based mobile operating system — rather than ChromeOS, the netbook operating system currently under development.
I posted in the Chrome OS thread, too, but thought maybe the gPad deserved its own thread. Do you think this means that Android Marketplace will soon open up to larger devices and that apps will be built specifically for tablets now? Too early to tell? Am I missing something? How can this not be good news for eDGe apps?

Old 04-18-2010, 07:35 PM   #2
devseev
Edge User

My guess is it is good news, unless Google somehow tries to favor its own product at the expense of other android devices.

Even better news I think is the HTC EVO android phone with a front-facing camera and a 4G connection. Expect to see new voip and video conferencing apps (full skype?) in the android store if it catches on.

Advert