Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Apple Devices

Notices

Old 10-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #1
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 1 & 4, Nook ST, Dell 11-3000, iPhone 5s
iTunes 12.1.3 Display Error

I have a Windows Vista PC. The latest version of iTunes that can be run on a 32-bit Vista is 12.1.3 (released in mid-September). I upgraded to iTunes 12.1.3 because it can support iOS 9.

Before iOS 9, an iPad Mini home screen "folder" displayed 9 apps per screen in a 3-row by 3-column configuration. With iOS 9, a folder now displays a more generous 16 apps in a 4x4 configuration.

However, iTunes still shows the 3x3 configuration. The actual iPad displays 4x4 apps per folder, but iTunes displays only 3x3. The attached picture shows what I mean.

Favor Request:

If you have:
- A golden oldie Vista 32-bit PC with iTunes 12.1.3
- An iPad Mini with iOS 9.0 or 9.0.1 or 9.0.2
- A home screen folder you have created
- A sled named "Rosebud" ... this is optional

If you are running iTunes 12.1.3 on a 32-bit PC, please let me know if you also have the 3x3 versus 4x4 display error.

Thanks,
Marty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	iPad vs iTunes.jpg
Views:	314
Size:	281.8 KB
ID:	142706  

Last edited by MartyTX; 10-08-2015 at 09:57 PM. Reason: Asking about iTunes 12.1.3 32-bit version
MartyTX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 02:53 PM   #2
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone SE2020
Its likely to do with 32bit vs 64bit which is what iTunes prefers, now. I'd suggest upgrading to a 64bit machine as soon as you can, you should find that it will display properly at that point. Of course, I could be quite wrong.
kyteflyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-08-2015, 03:58 PM   #3
MartyTX
Dedicated
MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MartyTX ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Actually, Apple is providing more support for Windows 32-bit PC's than Microsoft is providing!

iTunes 12.1.3 32-bit is intended to run on XP and Vista 32-bit machines. Microsoft has totally stopped supporting XP.

Apple realized that iTunes 11.x did not support iDevices running iOS 9.0. Also, old 32-bit machines could not run iTunes beyond 11.x. So, rather than saying "hey Windows users, buy a new 64-bit PC", Apple came up with a new 32-bit version that supports iOS 9. Of course, this move wasn't just because they're "nice guys" ... they didn't want owners of old Windows machines to avoid buying iDevices!
Old 10-08-2015, 07:30 PM   #4
DaleDe
Grand Sorcerer
DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaleDe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EB 1150, EZ Reader, Literati, iPad 2 & Air 2, iPhone 7
I am running iTunes 12.3.0.44 64bit and it displays the 16 icons.

Dale
DaleDe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:02 PM   #5
MartyTX
Dedicated

Hi Dale,

Thanks for your reply, but I'm asking specifically about the 32-bit version of iTunes 12.1.3, because that is the only version that will run iOS 9 on my PC.
Advert
Old 10-08-2015, 10:06 PM   #6
kyteflyer
Wizard
kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kyteflyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Hi Marty, yes I know that itunes supports 32bit machines. clearly its working as intended, with the exception of the icons. I wonder, have you asked in apple discussions, where there are many more apple fiends than here. They are frequently very helpful.

http://discussions.apple.com
Old 10-09-2015, 01:04 AM   #7
MartyTX
Dedicated

Good idea ... I usually don't go to the Apple discussion groups, and I'm probably missing a good resource. Will knock on their door and see what happens.

Last edited by MartyTX; 10-09-2015 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Typo
Old 10-09-2015, 02:16 PM   #8
jswinden
Nameless Being

I've got a lot of Apple devices, but I hate their forums. Those folks are vicious. You can merely state you have a an issue and they will try to tell you you are just a hater. I guess they think everyone who posts there should be all rainbows and bluebirds about everything Apple. You can definitely get some good answers there, but just be aware that most of the replies will be useless and possibly even insulting. I got banned from their forums years ago for calling a couple jerks in the iPod forum iPodophiles. It was so worth it!
Old 10-09-2015, 03:06 PM   #9
Jessica Lares
Wizard
Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Jessica Lares ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini, iPod Touch (5th gen)
Could be a cache issue. There's a button to reset that for the iTunes Store, but not iTunes itself...
Jessica Lares is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 04:40 PM   #10
kyteflyer
Wizard

Quote:
Originally Posted by jswinden View Post
I've got a lot of Apple devices, but I hate their forums. Those folks are vicious. You can merely state you have a an issue and they will try to tell you you are just a hater. I guess they think everyone who posts there should be all rainbows and bluebirds about everything Apple. You can definitely get some good answers there, but just be aware that most of the replies will be useless and possibly even insulting. I got banned from their forums years ago for calling a couple jerks in the iPod forum iPodophiles. It was so worth it!
I've had one or two fools who have done that, but by and large have always got the answer I was looking for (even if it wasnt the one I wanted). Its a good resource.